Started by ViperX, December 01, 2010, 09:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottp

Lance,

Looks like a good time - nice driving!

Thanks for sharing.

Scottp

1HOTACR

Nice lines Lance.  All the Videos I have seen of the Chuckwalla track have been clockwise.

Hey Dan.  Can you find out from NARRA which way we are going to run?

Thanks,   Glenn
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

PCH VIPER

My 2:20 lap times were ALMOST as fast as the lap times the lunch truck was laying down   >w
Plus he had a better line and the best pulled pork sandwich I have ever had !!

Running it CCW was supposed to be better from a visual standpoint.  Definitely had some turns that were difficult in the CCW that probably wouldn't pose a problem in the CW.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

EXHLR8N

Hey Lance - great videos.  The track looks great.  Can't wait for Viper Days.
The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

ViperX

Guys,

I asked Mickey, one of the principals at CW, which way was best for sports cars and he said that CCW was best, slightly faster with longer braking zones and that it was easier to pass running CCW too.

So, I will recommend to NARRA that we run CCW.

Chuckwalla will have more open track days before NARRA and I'll post them for you guys or you can go to the CW website and check it out.  We should try to do this again as a group before Viper Days.  Everyone seemed to enjoy the track.

I haven't checked my data logger yet but got down to a 2:04 lap as a best, I think.  Not impressive by any means, but I didn't do any "off roading"..... a few of us did.  FYI, Ross Murray ran a 2:00 in his race prepared Mustang and Bullet Bob Blizzard ran a 1:54 in his race truck.  I thought we did pretty well as a group, safe and relatively fast, considering it was our first time to this track.

It is definitely a different type of track where you spend most of your time turning - bring fresh tires!  Top speed at the end of the back straight was about 120 mph for me, then full ABS.  Most Viper owners could drive the entire track in third gear with a Gen IV and OE 3.07 gears.

I took videos of all five sessions and will look through them and post part the best one.

Dan

Speedy Gonzales

Hey Dan were u able to go through the video yet?  >q
Chris
AMS Flooring

ViperX

Chris,

It was nice seeing you again, Tim and Shelli too.

Yes, viewed all of the videos and some came out pretty good.

Will post a clip when I get some time.

Raining like crazy here in So Cal, so buried with work right now - which is good - no time for anything fun.

See you soon,

Dan

Speedy Gonzales

cool!! glad your busy!!! maybe it could flood some flooring and i could get in on some of that!! <11
Chris
AMS Flooring