VOI 11, west track "open" Thursday afternoon!

Started by ViperX, September 15, 2010, 05:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Anybody interested in running Miller Motorosports Park's "West" track on Thursday afternoon September 30?

There will be 3, 25 minute "open track" sessions available for us at only $250.00!

I'll likely sign up for this.  For more info go to:  www.mmpschools.com/viper/

Anybody else?

Dan  <2

Banzai Ben

I'm interested but do you think we will make it in time since we're driving in from Vegas that day?
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

NK BREKR

Hey Ben,
Keep in mind that we are driving about 400 miles on Thursday, how are you going to feel after the 6-7 hour drive?  Sorry for making you think hard again. =14

Banzai Ben

Hey Art, you're right, there is no way I could drive 7 hours and then go on the track at speed. Wouldn't be safe.

Would anyone consider driving farther on Wednesday and spending the night closer to Salt Lake City?
Then if it was only about a 3 hour drive on Thursday we could run the open track which starts at about 1:30.
Just a thought, I can go either way.
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ViperX

Cathy and I are "trailering" out Tuesday and stopping in St George for the night which puts us a couple of hours closer to VOI 11, then driving into SLC on Wednesday, so I'll be OK to drive Thursday PM.

It's likely that most of the ACRX guys will be running this day in the race group, we'll be in the "street car" group.

Drew and Albert will be driving out Wednesday with the So Cal group.

Dan 

redtanrt10

Dan,

On Thurday you guys will have the track although maybe some of the racers will be there but not with their race vipers.  On Wednesday I got an invite from NARRA, look at what they say in the note about Thursday;

**According to the rules, Dodge Viper Cup Racers may NOT drive on Thursday in an ACR-X, Comp Coupe, or any other race-prepared Viper, nor in ANY vehicle with data acquisition

You guys have fun at VOI!!!  See you at Spring Mountain!!

Mike

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Had a good weekend at Buttonwillow, ran some fast laps.

Did manage to hurt my transmission though not sure how.  Archer Racing has a trans in their trailer but won't get to SLC until Thursday, mid day so ACR will be staying home, i.e. no track day on Thursday for me.

Still "trailering" out Tuesday with the black beast in tow.....loading up now, in the heat!  The beast is just a cruiser.....

Will address ACR issues when I return, likely a rebuild or new trans ..... argh!

Dan

1HOTACR

Bummer Dude!  Topless is fun too.  Hasta manana! ^2
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

HISSSN1

Quote from: ViperX on September 27, 2010, 04:29:51 PM
Hey Guys,

Had a good weekend at Buttonwillow, ran some fast laps.

Did manage to hurt my transmission though not sure how.  Archer Racing has a trans in their trailer but won't get to SLC until Thursday, mid day so ACR will be staying home, i.e. no track day on Thursday for me.

Still "trailering" out Tuesday with the black beast in tow.....loading up now, in the heat!  The beast is just a cruiser.....

Will address ACR issues when I return, likely a rebuild or new trans ..... argh!

Dan

Ok we have seen the shredded gear at the picnic from the beast  >m  now the ACR has a transmission problem  =17 I will call Dodge but Lance we need  >u of this. I think Dan is a <K  <2 but  =27 it can be fixed.
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

Pete

Hi Dan
Any chance transmision failure related to 5th gear changout (realizing that you don't get anywhere near 5th gear at Buttonwillow) Or is it that you're just hard on equipment  ?

ViperX

Hey Pete,

Finding out many Gen IV's and almost every ACR X has lost at least one clutch, so this may be the case, i.e. it may not be the trans.

Dodge is aware of the problem.

Will know more this week.

New clutch, pp, t/o bearing and 2010 trans on order.....ouch!

Also will have trans cooler installed at Spring Mountain by Archer Racing.

Dan

Pete

Hi Dan
What are the symptoms with all these gen 4 clutch failures. Car won't go into gear or clutch slips like a worn out Mustang GT.

My Gen 3 Clutch pedal is unbelievably light but works great. Gen 4 clutch very heavy (ie 60's muscle car) but also works great. 

Have tried both Castrol and Motul no difference

Is that your experience. You own gen 2,3 ,4 (and probably 5 when available)

ViperX

Quote from: Pete on October 07, 2010, 11:30:40 PM
Hi Dan
What are the symptoms with all these gen 4 clutch failures. Car won't go into gear or clutch slips like a worn out Mustang GT.  Gen IV clutches are losing rivets and "grenading". 

My Gen 3 Clutch pedal is unbelievably light but works great. Gen 4 clutch very heavy (ie 60's muscle car) but also works great.  My Gen III clutch pedal pressure is greater than my Gen IV. 

Have tried both Castrol and Motul no difference

Is that your experience. You own gen 2,3 ,4 (and probably 5 when available)

The bad news is that it's the trans and not the clutch per my trans guy today.  It seems that one of the teeth on one of the gears broke and damaged the first three gears!

Hopefully, he can get the parts to repair it before spring mountain.  I've ordered a new trans but now sure when it will arrive.  I may have to run my 06 white / blue striped coupe.

Dan

Rocketman

Quote from: ViperX on October 08, 2010, 05:36:48 PM
The bad news is that it's the trans and not the clutch per my trans guy today.  It seems that one of the teeth on one of the gears broke and damaged the first three gears!
Dan

Wow.  Sorry to hear that, Dan.  It went from an easy, hoped for, bearing fix to an expensive gear replacement, as easy as a Viper can do a snap spin on old/cold tires.    Thanks again for the fill up of power steering fluid at Buttonwillow.  I finally got to looking and my problem was just a leaking high pressure hose.  Not bad enough to spray back at the header, so no big deal, especially when compared to the way your Sunday ended.   See you and the rest of the SoCal folks at SM in a couple of weeks!

Jim Schlemm
Jim
'02 GTS ACR  Gray/silver

Chandler AZ