Track prep with Bob Blizzard May23 at Lance's shop

Started by ViperX, May 13, 2010, 01:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Sidewinders,

FYI, ex-Viper Days chief instructor Bob Blizzard will be holding a track prep meeting at Lance's shop in Wilmington (660 East D Street) on Sunday, May 23 if we can get at least 10 drivers (hopefully more) to attend.  Cost will be $25.00 per driver and will include lunch.  Please plan to get there by 9:45 AM as class will start at 10:00 AM, we'll break for lunch about noon and have a short follow up session after lunch depending on questions. 

We will also be helping one of our members upgrade their braking system that day which includes installing new Stoptech Aero Rotors, new brake pads, new stainless steel brake lines and bleeding the brakes.  You are all welcome to help Lance and I with this if you are available.  We should be starting this project about 9:00 AM  (Carlos, you'll need to be there at that time with your new parts.)

Bob has driven Spring Mountain many times and will be going over the track turn by turn showing our group the correct "driving line", i.e. the fastest and safest way around the two track configurations that we will be driving that weekend.  We will also have time to discuss general driving techniques like braking, corner turn in, mid turn performance, accelerating out of a corner, car balance, car prep (tires, air pressures, suspension set up, fluids, etc.), gear selection, shifting and other Viper specific driving techniques.  If you have questions on "heel and toe" downshifting with Viper, I can help you with that technique.

Please let me know ASAP if you will attend this event.

Regards,

Dan

Attendees:
Anhtuan P
Ben K
Bruce C
Carlos H
Chris P
Dan E
Eddie A
Eddie R
Gary and Dalton G
George D
Glenn I
John F
Juan V
Justin F
Kobi S
Lance K
Mike F
Scott H
Scott P

DarkSnake

Juan V

2008 Viper Coupe
2012 458 Italia
2012 SuperBee

EXHLR8N

The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

1HOTACR

Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

PCH VIPER

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

PCH VIPER

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

redtanrt10

I wish I could be there but we have company.  Hope to see you guys before Parump!
Mike

ViperX

Hey Mike,

You need to get going on your catch can project ..... before Spring Mountain ..... or I'll make more HP than you at the next dyno days!!!

Dan

DEDLY4U

Lance,

Cheryl and I will be at your shop on Sunday.  I installed my catch can this week so I'm good to go.

Mike

MFujita

I hope not too late to RSVP. Justin and I would like to attend but we have to leave by 1:00 pm for my daughter's wedding.

HABU

admin

Habu,
No not too late. See you there.

HISSSN1

2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

Rocketman

Here's a question that I would ask tomorrow if I was close enough to attend:   Does anyone recommend changing the coolant mix to something like 30% Dexcool / 70% water in order to better cool the engine during the hot track sessions?  Knowing that location, we could see some pretty high engine temperatures in the later sessions.  I plan on using 15W-50 Mobil One .

Jim S
02 GTS ACR
Jim
'02 GTS ACR  Gray/silver

Chandler AZ

ticketmered

Thanks to all who helped with my brake upgrade. Made it home in one piece so I guess the brakes worked well.   ^2
Big thanks to Dan, Lance, Anthuan and his friend ( >t)for sticking around and helping with that stubborn leak. 
See you guys at Spring Mountain.