MT. WILSON / ANGELES CREST RUN & LUNCH - May 22nd

Started by admin, April 14, 2010, 06:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HyperViper

Route help needed... What's the best way to get to the car show/Michaels if I am coming up the 5 from San Diego. Did a map quest and it actually had me going up 15 to 91 to 57.  Not thinking that is the way. Whatcha think???
Ron & Nora ..San Diego...08 Vert..Black w/ White Stripes

10 BANGR

Quote from: HyperViper on May 21, 2010, 07:03:33 PM
Route help needed... What's the best way to get to the car show/Michaels if I am coming up the 5 from San Diego. Did a map quest and it actually had me going up 15 to 91 to 57.  Not thinking that is the way. Whatcha think???

Hey Ron,
Just take the 5 Fwy. North to the 2 North Glandale Fwy. exit on Verdugo and make a left.
See you there.
Demoe
Demoe - 2006 SRT10 VERT BLACK / GRAPHITE METALLIC STRIPES

HyperViper

Thanks. That's what I was thinking Demoe. I do have a NAV LOL so I should find it OK. See ya there
Ron & Nora ..San Diego...08 Vert..Black w/ White Stripes

hemotox

Looks like Fast Eddie is going to get a head BONK from the Lance Camera!!!

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

PCH VIPER

Cool pics Doc !
Tough day shooting back into the sun.
I should have my pictures downloaded late tonight.
Off running to do stuff with the family now.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

HISSSN1

Michael thank you today was great, very nice place you have, many thanks to the family for having us over. The car show was cool I will bring some friends down to see it.   Eddie and Michelle.
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

hemotox

Just a little education about the significance of Mt. Wilson even though there was no one to tell us about what was discovered here in the 1920s

"The Universe goes beyond the Milky Way galaxy
Edwin Hubble's arrival at Mount Wilson, California, in 1919 coincided roughly with the completion of the 100-inch (2.5 m) Hooker Telescope, then the world's largest telescope. At that time, the prevailing view of the cosmos was that the universe consisted entirely of the Milky Way Galaxy. Using the Hooker Telescope at Mt. Wilson, Hubble identified Cepheid variables (a kind of star; see also standard candle) in several spiral nebulae, including the Andromeda Nebula. His observations, made in 1922–1923, proved conclusively that these nebulae were much too distant to be part of the Milky Way and were, in fact, entire galaxies outside our own. This idea had been opposed by many in the astronomy establishment of the time, in particular by the Harvard University-based Harlow Shapley. Hubble's discovery, announced on January 1, 1925, fundamentally changed the view of the universe.

Hubble also devised the most commonly used system for classifying galaxies, grouping them according to their appearance in photographic images. He arranged the different groups of galaxies in what became known as the Hubble sequence."  Wikipedia

So we were walking in Edwin Hubble's footsteps, despite all the hikers!

Click link below

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/0812/MtWilson-60-InchDec01.jpg&imgrefurl=http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap081213.html&usg=__UcoNiv9wx_XLRO6CmHfNnE2MoT8=&h=900&w=600&sz=149&hl=en&start=17&itbs=1&tbnid=meeqnhc7F08yDM:&tbnh=146&tbnw=97&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmt%2Bwilson%2Bobservatory%26hl%3Den%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1

Another interesting fact, in 1926 Albert Abraham Michelson made what was the most precise calculation of the speed of light at the time by measuring the round-trip travel time of light between Mount Wilson and Mount San Antonio 22 miles (35 km) away.

Just 10 months ago on the same spot as the cruise was on today.  Image of the Station Fire racing towards Mt Wilson

HISSSN1

2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

PCH VIPER

It was a great turnout today and a ton of fun !  We sure packed a lot in in one day.

Here are a few of the pictures from today.  The rest are up on my site www.kouchicentral.com

Dallas Raines and Michael

How long is your driveway?

PCH VIPER

PCH VIPER

Thank You Mary for treating us to a very special morning.

PCH VIPER

The drive up to Mt Wilson was a blast to drive.

Welcome Chip and Mark to your first run with the Club.....Hope you join us again soon.

hemotox

Wonder what the pulsed electro-magnetic field strength was when we were up there?  I think Lance's GTS was glowing a little when he left the mountain top. SSG vipers repell microwave radiation.  It only makes the pain a brighter green, hee hee

Looks pretty intense as a point for communication broadcast antennae!

The Mount Wilson Electronics Reservation consists of numerous radio and television transmitters serving the Greater Los Angeles Area, together with microwave relay facilities used by AT&T and other entities. The tallest tower on Mount Wilson, according to FCC database, is the guyed mast of KCBS-TV at a height of 972 feet (296.3 m), built in 1986.

Kala

%t %h %a %n %k %s %!  %m %a %r %y  %& %m %i %k %e %! %! %!

Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

Kala

Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D