Run Willow Springs with Speed Ventures Feb 20 & 21

Started by ViperX, January 08, 2010, 10:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCH VIPER

Hey Dan,
Glad you guys had decent weather.
What kind of suspension changes did you make?

It's time to start shopping for a tire sponsorship !  >v
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Super Villain

Yup I had a blast on Sunday!  The car ran great with just PS2s and stock pads.  It was pretty damn cold out there.  Thank you to Dan and Cathy for letting me hang out in the garage!  No rain at the track!  Though we packed up after 4 sessions instead of trying to push our luck with a 5th session.  Ran into a pretty heavy rain for like 15-20 mins on the way home...so glad I was on street tires ;)

My confidence in road racing the car is growing and I am developing a good comfort level with Willow Springs.  I learned quite a bit getting to ride along with Dan...so fun chasing down and overtaking cars!  Everything from a F430  to a GT-R.  Vipers rule!

Speed Ventures runs a pretty good operation.  It was a sold out event so there was a little more track traffic in white group than I would have liked, but to get 5 run sessions at Willow for under $200 what a deal!  And for the beginner group it was a great deal because it includes a lot of classroom time and for first timers you get 2 free instructor ride alongs....what a bargain!

I still need to work more on my smoothness and confidence, but I am having fun out there now.  I believe Speed Ventures is running another track day at Willow on March 13th a Sat.  I might see if I can make that ;)

"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

ViperX

Quote from: PCH VIPER on February 22, 2010, 10:59:13 AM
Hey Dan,
Glad you guys had decent weather.
What kind of suspension changes did you make?

It's time to start shopping for a tire sponsorship !  >v

Hey Lance,

Yes, I could use a tire sponsorship - any ideas where to start looking????

On the suspension, still working on it but the revised alignment and spring changes made a big difference in the "feel" of the car and the resulting confidence.  I was able to comfortably and consistently run 2 seconds faster than last time I ran at Willow.

I've got more changes to make for next Saturday, plus some track prep before West Coast Racing in two weeks.

See you at the track,

Dan