Main Menu

The Professionals

Started by NK BREKR, March 08, 2010, 08:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NK BREKR

Hey Folks,

This is a two part thread intended to illustrate the differences in Sidewinders, here we have the Professionals:

Nice Driving Suits fellas, Ben I hate the color of your Viper  =16

PCH VIPER

Hey Ben,
Did you beat your 127.4 time??

I told you the Hans device was worth at least 15hp   >v
Roll bar and fire system are worth at least another 35hp   >w
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Looks like you guys had fun.

Let us know how you did.

Dan

Banzai Ben

The new suit and Hans makes me look like a professional but I'm a poser too.
My lap timer was not working right, it gave me readings from 1:27 to 3:40 so I really don't know what I was running. I'm guessing around 1:34 which is what I timed Mike at.

Dan, I think I need to get the timer you have. What's the name and where could I get one?

Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ViperX

Hey Ben,

It's made by MSD Ignition, called a G2X Data Aquisition Kit, Part Number is 11200.

Been very happy with it.  Easy to use and software is cool too.

The "Dash" displays rpm on one side and mph on the other in bright, red, easy to read numbers.  Lap times are displayed every time you cross the "start / finish" line, while you are on track.  It has more features than I currently use.

Think I paid about 1k for it.  Go to: www.msdignition.com or call 915-857-5200.  They are located in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, very near to my house.

Installation was simple, except for the tach, which I had Archer do.

Seeing your picture reminds me that I need to buy a HANS device.  Where did you get yours?  Who did the install?

Glad you guys had fun.  Wish I had gone.

Dan

ViperX

Hey Ben,

Here is a sample of the data page.  The small "X" on the track map gives you track location (entering turn 8 ) while the X on the mph graph gives you speed (138.86 mph), Lateral G's (-.91), rpm's (5218), lap time (131.227), etc.  Sorry about the size, kinda hard to post this one.

Dan

Banzai Ben

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the info. I think I need to get one since I've had so much trouble with my timer.
I sent my AIM timer back today to see if they will do anything about it. I also tried a Iphone app timer
that didn't work well. It said "weak GPS signal" and gave me very different times.

I got the Hans device at Werks2 in Burbank 912 Chestnut St Burbank 91506. 818 845-2530
They include the installation of the posts on your helmut. A little far for you so you so you might want to
check OC for a place.

Wow! 138 mph entering 8! Man, you are flyin'. It's so bumpy through that turn, kinda scary sometimes.
What's your next track event?

Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ViperX

Hey Ben,

Thanks for the info.

I'll be driving with NASA this Saturday at Fontana on the Roval.

I'll check around for a HANS installer here in OC.

Hope you can make Buttonwillow in April.

Dan