ACR vs ZR1 at Irwindale Friday, Nov 13

Started by ViperX, October 19, 2009, 05:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ticketmered

What time do we need to get there? Who is going? etc.

AceFang

I am wondering the same thing.  I have it on my calendar to attend but have no details.  If anybody has any information, please share.  I will be coming from Orange County and just want to know what time the races will be.  Thanks.
John Bennett

ACRBruce

Dan,
The A6's are the way to go.  I'll try to be there late morning to cheer you on for a couple of hours.

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Received the event info last night.  I have to be there at 6:00 AM - OUCH!

Drags start at 9:00 AM, Slalom at 11:15 AM, Auto X at 1:00 PM.

Address is:

Irwindale Spoeedway
500 Speedway Drive
Baldwin Park, CA
626-358-1100

Cross streets are 605 Fwy and Live Oak Ave

If you'd like to come out and watch, please drive your Vipers as it may be hard to get into this event otherwise.

Also, the producer has asked us to limit our group of spectators to five cars.  I think they'll be a bit flexible with this but I'd say that ten might be too many as they are providing lunch and are concerned with safety.

So far, I'll be driving my ACR, Michael von Quilich will be driving his Challenger SRT8 against a Camaro SS.  Hugh Hoard may be driving his ZR1!

Attendees that I know of are:

Cathy - VOI 9 coupe
Mike Sinkinson - Copperhead vert
Glenn Izard - Venom Red 08
John Bennett - ACR
Bruce Li - ACR

See you at the track.

Dan

1HOTACR

Get a good night sleep my son. You go to battle at dawn.  O G O will be with you.

Sidewinders take no prisoners.      >s
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

DEDLY4U

Let me be the first to say: DAN DID IT at the Royal purple Forum Wars.  Dan and his ACR crushed the ZR1 in the drag race and the road course.  Once again it has been proven the Viper is the ultimate track vehicle.  For the record, the ZR1 driver was not a novice, he races on a regular basis.

Way to go Dan!   >g >t >s

Mike

Super Villain

Very fricken COOL!

Nice work Mr. Prez!

What kind of tires did the ZR1 run?

God I hope there are some pics?  Though I imagine since it was a TV video session they probably banned all outside recording devices.  Of course they did not know about Mike's 007 wristwatch recorder.  You did remember to wear it didn't you Mike?  ;)
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

NK BREKR

Congrats Dan!  There was never a doubt in my mind.  How did Deadhead do against the SS?

Kadeuces

Congrats Dan!!
Cant wait to see the video.

>s

DEDLY4U

Oddly enough they did not ban cameras or recording devices.  We got some good pics (I hope), and Cathy may have some video of the road race.

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Long day but during the few minutes of driving, it was fun.

Spent a good part of the day with my competition, the ZR1 driver.  His name is Jim Holloway and he's one of the principals in Mothers Car Care Products.  Jim is a very nice guy and an accomplished road racer in both SCCA and NASA. 

We may be getting a "Mothers" goodie bag at our next picnic!

I'll post the actual results when I can as we are supposed to stay quiet about this until the show airs.

OGO was riding shotgun!

Dan  <2

1HOTACR

Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

ViperX

Hey Guys,

You've got to check this out:

http://www.streetfire.net/video/the-forum-wars_740774.htm

Here's the latest.

Looks like they're going to use the ACR vs ZR1 footage in "Forum Wars" as I'm in the "teaser".....and yes, that' me laughing out loud after the drag race.

Dan

Super Villain

The laugh is priceless...almost ring-tone worthy ;)

So when is your episode set to play?
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

ViperX

Quote from: Super Villain on March 22, 2010, 12:21:04 PM
The laugh is priceless...almost ring-tone worthy ;)

So when is your episode set to play?

Don't know yet but will post when I do.

Dan