VOI 11 - UTAH - Sept 30 - Oct 3

Started by admin, February 02, 2010, 11:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NK BREKR

Quote from: Copperhead Mike on September 15, 2010, 09:38:10 PM
I just made it under the wire.  I'm all registered and confirmed for VOI.  I will be doing the caravan on Wednesday and will be joining the group for dinner at Cannery.  Looking forward to a great time!  <1

-Michael

Woohoo Cousin Mike!  Are you meeting us at the Denny's in Sylmar or driving to the Chevron in Rancho Cucamonga?

http://socalviper.com/forum/index.php?topic=1099.0

JR3xV10

I need a favor from someone attending VOI 11.  I will not be able to attend this year =17, but I would still like to buy some memorablia.  I am looking for someone to buy around $300 of worth while merchandise for me.  I have posters, banners, glasses, signage, etc. from almost every other VOI since 1995 ( I am only missing voi 7 and 8 as I wasn't able to attend those either).  I can put together a good list of the things I am most interested in, but I wanted to find someone willing to do this first.  I plan on meeting the caravan when you pass through Vegas on the way to and from VOI so I could give you cash on either end of the trip.   Please email me at [email protected] if you might be willing to help me out on this, I don't check the site too often.

MoparMan

Quote from: JR3xV10 on September 18, 2010, 12:55:55 AM
I need a favor from someone attending VOI 11.  I will not be able to attend this year =17, but I would still like to buy some memorablia.  I am looking for someone to buy around $300 of worth while merchandise for me.  I have posters, banners, glasses, signage, etc. from almost every other VOI since 1995 ( I am only missing voi 7 and 8 as I wasn't able to attend those either).  I can put together a good list of the things I am most interested in, but I wanted to find someone willing to do this first.  I plan on meeting the caravan when you pass through Vegas on the way to and from VOI so I could give you cash on either end of the trip.   Please email me at [email protected] if you might be willing to help me out on this, I don't check the site too often.

Robert,
If you're handing out $300, I'm willing to spend it for ya!

JR3xV10

Quote from: MoparMan on September 18, 2010, 07:11:28 PM
Robert,
If you're handing out $300, I'm willing to spend it for ya!

gee, thanks Matt I am sure you would.  I talked to Lance and he is going to help me out.  Thanks.

Kadeuces

I hope they put out the fires so the smoke/ash doesnt affect visibility and air quality. What were they blowing up out there?

hemotox

Here are a couple of links to Current Utah Fires.

Interstate 70 Twitchell Fire

Herriman Fire near SLC

The Heriman fire is currently not contained, probably affecting I-15 travel south of the city center, but should be controlled in the next week.

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

hemotox

Just to get your depression over the end of viper production revitalized before the VOI 11, here are some links on the new 2012 Dodge-Fiat Viper.  Unfortunately no images yet, but a positive response from the manufacturer

2012 Dodge Viper

2012 Dodge Viper 8C

So all is not lost, should make for good conversation in SLC

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

MoparMan

Quote from: JR3xV10 on September 19, 2010, 10:13:14 PM
gee, thanks Matt I am sure you would.  I talked to Lance and he is going to help me out.  Thanks.

Lance is the KING! I don't know how he's going to have time to spend your money, his money, take photos, update his website and enjoy all the events with us...perhaps he has discovered how to slow down time...or clone himself...

ViperX

Hey Guys,

If anybody is interested, Miller Motorsports Park is hosting an "open" track day on the west track on Thursday.

I'll be running the afternoon portion and it's a pretty good deal.  $250 gets you an orientation "drive around" and three 25 minute sessions on the track without an instructor!!!! .  There's a race car group and a street car group.  I'm in the street car group.

The afternoon session starts at 1 pm with the track going cold at 5 pm.  I was thinking that if some of you guys get into town around 2:30 or 3, you might want to come by and check it out.  The west track is the same track we'll be running with instructors on our driving day at VOI.

For more info or to sign up go to: www.mmpschools.com/viper/

There are also some cool videos of the track on this website.

Dan

MoparMan

Dan,

Does this mean that the Thursday caravan from Las Vegas is looking to leave earlier? We'd probably have to leave by 6AM to get there early enough for some track time. I'm guessing alot of folks won't want to hit the track after driving the 15 for 6 hours. Since you're trailering I'm guessing you're driving to SLC on Wednesday to make it to the track Thursday afternoon.

BTW: what happened to the drag racing at VOI?

PCH VIPER

There is some good info regarding the driving events at MMP.

https://www.voi11.com/venue.htm

Road course:
Helmets must be worn on the road course at all times.
There will be a few loaners on hand, however we recommend you bring your own to guarantee a better fit.
Helmets must be Snell 2000 or newer.
Seat belts must be worn at all times.
No passengers other than Bondurant Instructors allowed on the road course.
Remember long pants and closed toe shoes required at all driving events.

Karts :
Helmets, long pants and closed toe shoes

Auto-X:
Long pants and closed toe shoes.   (Helmets in the past were not required)
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Good post Lance.  Bring your helmets gang.

Matt,

Cathy and I, and a few others, are "trailering" or cars and driving up (arriving in SLC) Wednesday.

I posted this in case others wanted to either drive up early and run Miller with us in an "uncoached" atmosphere or stop by on the way into SLC, check out the track and watch a few of us drive.  There should be Viper owners we "talk" with on the VCA board (Mark Jorgenson, Bill Pemberton, etc.) driving and milling around Miller that day, so it should be fun for all.

Dan

PCH VIPER

Weather looks good....  mid 80's daytime     high 50's night
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Kadeuces

Dan,

Thanks for the info, prez.
I'll be trailering up with you on Tuesday/Wednesday and I'm all signed up for the Thursday afternoon West track session.
Lookin forward to it!

Kobi

ViperX

Kobi,

Looks like Juan Valdez will be joining us at the track.

Looking forward to it.

Dan  <2