CARAVAN to VOI 11

Started by NK BREKR, January 12, 2010, 01:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NK BREKR

Hey folks,

There is no better time like the present to start planning for VOI 11 in Salt Lake City on September 30th through October 3rd.

It is time to setup some caravans.  Lance, Fast Eddie and I are thinking about leaving Wednesday morning (9/29), spending the night in Vegas and then leaving for Salt Lake City on Thursday (9/30) morning arriving early in the afternoon.  Final details and rendesvouz points are still being discussed and will be posted as date approaches.  

Lance has suggested a meeting point that has worked for us during prior visits to Vegas, it is the Chevron located at 12659 Foothill Blvd, Etiwanda, CA 91739 near the Ontario Mills Mall.  You can use the link below to get directions.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=12659+Foothill+Blvd,+Etiwanda,+CA+91739&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=34.724817,56.25&ie=UTF8&ll=34.107434,-117.528734&spn=0.008866,0.013733&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr

Plan is to meet at the Chevron at 10:30 am leave at 11 am and be in Barstow by noon to eat lunch and get gas back on the I-15 to Vegas by 1 pm and roll into Vegas about 3ish (shouldn't hit any traffic).

If you're interested in heading out with us on Wednesday, please post here, so that we can get a good guesstimate of who's joining us:

Art - San Fernando Valley/Santa Clarita
Ben - West LA
David K. - Orange County
Don & Debbie - Rancho Cucamonga
Eddie A. - Orange County
Eddie R. - San Fernando Valley/Santa Clarita
Gary B. - Orange County
Jim & Karen - ?
John B. - Orange County
Lance - Orange County
Matt & Marcela - Vegas
Mike V. - Thousand Oaks
Mike and Cheryl S. - West LA
Mikan & G - San Diego
Nino & Ruth - Yucaipa/Riverside?
Paul & Pam - San Diego
Ron & Nora - San Diego
Scott H - Simi Valley/Thousand Oaks
Scott & Chris P - Upland/Riverside
Tom & Shawn G - Orange County

PCH VIPER

Perfect.....you are now nominated as the official head counter for this caravan    >v
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Hey Art,

It's all yours.

Here is my latest response to Robert.

Dan

Hey Robert,

Room rate and parking sounds good.

Not sure we'll get a $3000 food / drink order at this time.    Last time at Aliante, the Mexican Restaurant set up about 40 seats together for us and this was fine.  We'll have to firm this up later on.

Regards,

Dan

Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 8:39 AM
To: Cathy Everts; Dan Everts; Lance Kouchi
Subject: Vegas stay

OK I have spoken to the Aliante and we can get rooms at $69 a night plus tax and with a $3000 min order on food and drinks we can have the banquet room for free.  I don't know how this compares to the deal the gave you for the zone event but it sound pretty good to me.  They would also secure the front parking lot area for us only with security and stanchions as well as provide secure parking for any trailer rigs.  I went with a 35 car/room assumption with a +/- of 10 cars.  Does all this sound on par with what your plans are?

Robert

NK BREKR

Got it Mr. President!

I think Robert was given the amount for Saturday's dinner, not the charge at the Mexican restaurant since that was less than $1K.

I'll email Robert and copy you when relevant.

AceFang

Add me to the caravan leaving on Sep 29.  Perhaps we could get people to mention from what area they are so we can set up some meeting places.

I'll be the first:
John Bennett - North Orange County (but will drive to Shady Canyon if necessary)
John Bennett

NK BREKR

Good idea John.  As more people sign up and provide their location we can setup mini caravans to the big rendesvouz point at the Chevron.

ViperX

Agree,

"Caranvaning" is always more fun.  Just watching a bunch of Viper driving along any road is fun.

Unfortunately, I'll be towing, which is more comfortable, but not more fun.  Perhaps there will be a few more folks towing this time and we can "caravan" too.

If this works for the group, we can all plan to meet up at the Outlet Mall just before Barstow, regardless of where we all start.

Dan

Scottp

Art,

I'm in too - however; I may transport the car and fly depending on available time - I'll know better as it gets closer to departure time.

Dan - wasn't there talk that VOI was arranging transporters??

Thanks,
ScottP   

NK BREKR

Scott,  You can always drive out with us and trailer it back.  Glad you're going to make it.  I read where the club is trying to secure a double digit discount from the transporter, Reliable.

ViperX

Quote from: Scottp on January 13, 2010, 10:09:10 AM
Dan - wasn't there talk that VOI was arranging transporters??

Thanks, ScottP

Hey Scott,

Haven't heard about "arranging" transporters yet.  Will know more in a few weeks.  There may be some sort of discount program.

Dan

Scottp

Art - I like that idea! 

Let's see how the transporter thing works out for a ride back......... or maybe Dan will let me put the car on top of his trailer, I'll split the gas for the ride back?

ScottP

PCH VIPER

Gee Scott, I figured you would fly out and drive home in your brand new VOI-11 Special edition car.   >v
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

I'll bet they'll have a new ACRX for Scott to drive home!

Banzai Ben

I plan on attending and will be leaving from West LA.
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

Newport Viper

I'm in BUT, if I am going to Vegas I will be staying on the strip.......
04 SRT-10