NHRA Winternationals in Pomona - 2/12-2/14

Started by NK BREKR, December 31, 2009, 09:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NK BREKR

Hey folks,

Wanted to let y'all know that the NHRA Winternationals will be in Pomona on 2/12-2/14.  This is a chance for you to see and feel 7,000 (yes 7K, not a typo) horsepower Top Fuel drag racers go from 0 to 300+ in less than 4 seconds.  If you consider yourself a car enthusiast and have yet to attend an NHRA event, then this is something you must do at least once to see and feel the unreal speed that these cars travel at. 

In addition to the races you can see various vendors, mechanics tuning engines, and you can enjoy some great  food i.e. corn dogs, funnel cakes, kettle corn, roasted corn, BBQ and much more while taking in all the action.

Lance, Race Yellow Richard and Lisa went in 2008 and had a blast, hoping more SoCal members can come out in 2010.  I haven't decided if I'll be there on Saturday or Sunday.  Here's a link to some of the pics Lance took last year http://socalviper.com/forum/index.php?topic=840.15

As a bonus, through my job I can get Adult tickets for $30 (normally $50) and $10 for Kids 6-12, plus you won't have to pay the Ticketmaster gouging fees of $2.50 for online delivery and $4 service fee per ticket.  Please let me know if you would like me to purchase tickets for you.  I will have to place the order by 1/29 if you're interested.