MOTON SHOCK/SPRING INSTALL GATHERING

Started by redtanrt10, December 31, 2009, 07:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redtanrt10

Sorry for a late notice

This Saturday  1/2/10, I'm planning on installing a Moton coilover shcok set up on my Gen IV coupe.  "Iceman" aka Viper X, aka Dan, aka SCA pres, will be there along with my neigbor Wayne (porsche guy who has done number viper upgrades with me) and another local friend/helper Frank who is good (strong) with a breaker bar when we need to lift the suspension.

We'll start around 10 am at my house in Dana Point. 34405 Green Lantern St, DP

A few folks have told me they'd like to see how this is done, and, it's very easy! You can help, watch, learn or just hangout.  Depending on the number of helpers this is about a 2 hour plus project.

Sorry for the late notice, sent me a note if you can come so that we can make sure we have plenty of snacks and beverages.  Depending on the numbers we may bring in lunch and you can hang out on the deck and watch the harbor.    I'll be in out and the next few days so feel free to call to confirm or ask questions

Mike Buckingham  cell# 714-743-2764

ViperX

Hey Mike,

With mounting the canisters and getting the ride height correct, it will take more like 4 to 5 hours.

See you Saturday.

Dan

PCH VIPER

Quote from: ViperX on December 31, 2009, 11:00:29 AM
With mounting the canisters and getting the ride height correct, it will take more like 4 to5 hours.

You guys may be fast on the track, but slow in the garage  >l   >w

Hirko showed up at 7:00 on the dot.  By 12:30 we were 100% done with his Stoptech brake upgrade !   >g

His car looks sweet with those HUGE 6 piston front calipers and 4 piston rears.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

redtanrt10

Lance,  we mised you guys, glad you got Scott handled.  It takes alot of time to set the ride height correctly, up and down off the lift repeatly

EXHLR8N

Hi Mike - How do you like the Motons?  Can you tell a difference on the street?
The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

ViperX

Hey Bruce,

The Moton installation went well.  Mike needs adjustable end links (comp coupe) for his sway bars, something I'd recommend to every Viper owner who visits the track or drives aggressively on the street.  It is very hard to achieve a proper corner weighting without adjustable end links.

We got the ride height correct Saturday night about 5PM.  Hopefully, Mike got a chance to drive the car on Sunday and check the settings on the shocks.

Dan

PS  Anybody joining me at Fontana Jan 16 & 17?  Speed Ventures is running the "roval" again.