No Cal Viper Days in the 2010 schedule

Started by Sundiego, December 23, 2009, 04:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sundiego

NK BREKR

Can't believe we're not getting a single event, last February had to be one of the best attended events of 2009 ^13

Is there anything we can do to change their minds Sundiego, Viper X, hell I'll even settle for Odumba helping out.  Can we setup an email petition?  Thoughts???

redtanrt10

Art,

I just saw Bernie yesterday in Houston and complained to him about the lack of CA events (I hadn't seen this post and thought Fontana was still on for August).  He said they can't get the dates they want at the track but are still working on it.  It seems that the only near local event will be at VOI.  He told me that they'll be holding the normal HPDE event during VOI.

Mike

ViperX

Hey Guys,

I've been trying to get NARRA to plan ahead a bit but without much luck.

I've even give them names of other track outfits that they could team up with.  They say that they are still working on it.

We'll have plenty of other opportunities for track events this year with or without them, including two trips to Spring Mountain, several West Coast Racing Events at Willow Springs and several Speed Ventures events at Fontana, all with instruction available and they will be less costly.

If all goes well, we should at least see them in Salt Lake City.

Dan

PCH VIPER

Wow...that could be a VERY COSTLY weekend if we have to pay for VOI-11 AND Viper Days.

I'm sure the powers at the top got it all figured out and everything will run smoothly, but I wonder how it will all work out.   

I'm sure glad we will have "other" track events planned for our club.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

NK BREKR

Oh well, we'll just have to make due with what we get, I like the mood at Viper Days events.

Very true Dan about there being several other events in 2010 to keep the Sidewinders busy, woohoo to 2 trips to Spring Mountain <Z.  Big thanks to you and Deadhead for making them possible.

NK BREKR

Quote from: PCH VIPER on December 24, 2009, 10:24:30 AM
Wow...that could be a VERY COSTLY weekend if we have to pay for VOI-11 AND Viper Days.

I'm sure the powers at the top got it all figured out and everything will run smoothly, but I wonder how it will all work out.  

I'm sure glad we will have "other" track events planned for our club.
Come on silly Tortoise, why do you think we're stopping in Vegas?  Papa needs to earn some money at the Craps table, that means keep Fast Eddie away.

Sundiego

Viper Days is superior, in my experience, to other track days for a few reasons. One is the trackside support of Archer racing. They have tires waiting for you. They can fix almost everything, with Viper parts in stock, and get you back on the track quickly. They can track align and upgrade your car.

Viper Days has an unequalled record for training drivers for the next steps up like World Challenge. They teach Viper specific driving. There is also the bond created by a single car type.

One of the unspoken hinderences may be the distance of the haul. Most of the Comp Coupe racers are from the right hand side of the country, so it is a long, expensive proposition to come out west.