CAR CONTROL CLINIC at Auto Club Speedway - Nov 7th

Started by admin, July 28, 2009, 12:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black beauty

A few of us are meeting at the 75 & 15 Park n Ride to caravan up to the CCC.  If anyone wants to go with, be there NO LATER than 8:15 'cause we're outta there at 8:30. >r
Quote from: PCH VIPER on October 30, 2009, 08:24:45 AM
Are the SD guys caravaning up together?
What time and where are you meeting?

(No,   I'm not coming to meet you guys,  but there are a few guys down that way that would like to drive up together)
>3

black beauty

Lawrenzo

It was a great day to be had by all. Thanks Dan & Cathy, DC Performance, the Pro Drivers and all your helpers for getting this together for all of us >w

If it's ok with the members, I would like to propose a fundraiser to help with one of our dear members in need.  It seems that our 1 and only Lance Kouchi needs new brakes most desperately, as he was completely unable to stop in the autocross box all day.  Please send monies to:

Save Lance's Reputation
PO Box 2SLO
Imaboxin Out, AL 90069

>u  Thanks!

PCH VIPER

;D   TOO FUNNY !

So a few comments:
1:  OGO   O> was shakin' his head BIG time, but smiling from ear to ear and laughing at me big time today.
2: I was FLYIN and couldn't get the speed scrubbed fast enough.
3: I went to the woodshop before the CCC this morning and got a Splinter in my right foot.  This prevented me from being able to fully depress the go pedal ( thus greatly diminishing my ability to go any faster than *.36) and was very painful when pressing on the brake ( thus causing me to miss that darn stop box every run ....except for the LAST run  >v   
4: Sadly I get the feeling my my NEW nickname will be "PENALTY"   >1
5: What really gets me is:  Kid Viper and I "shortened " the stop box  >l .......and Iceman still managed to get stopped in time ! ! !   >s

Thank You to the entire Everts Family for WORKING all day to give the members another GREAT event !
It was smiles and laughter ALL DAY LONG !   

>u  I came home with 785 pictures  ^6 so it may be a day or two before they hit the website.

Splinter
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Lawrenzo

Any way you guys can post the autocross "best times" per driver- It would be fun to see how we did.

DEDLY4U

Dan and Cathy,

Thank you very much for putting on another great event.  I didn't think it could be more fun then last year but it was.  Having Dan and Lyle there to help us out and keep us out of trouble was also a great thing.  You folks are great.

Lance,

Thanks again in advance for all the great photos I know you have taken.  Also for all the support you provide to make these events a success.

Some time this week I'll send you (Cathy and Dan), Lance, and Eddie a video Cheryl made.  I think it will be a great training aid for our next event.  We call it The "ART" of Drag Racing".

All the best . . . Mike & Cheryl  >r

Super Villain

Thank you for a great event and the hard work and planning to pull it off!  Things ran even better than they did last year is seems...and last year ran great!

We had great weather, yummy lunch, and the whole day ran smoothly.  So much so that by 3:30pm we were pretty much done and had time left to "play".

I finally got a chance to practice how to launch the beast with the new found power.  Quite the violent affair.  Love it!

Overall the day was more fun and a barrel of spider monkeys  <K and those critters can be fun!
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

PCH VIPER

>u  Pictures are posted on my website www.kouchicentral.com

Here are a few from the days fun !

Sarah set the tone for the day by starting us off with a great smile and getting us all checked in

After checking in w had a quick drivers meeting

Happy 50th Dan !   
Thank you for all the support you and all the guys at DC Performance always give our club !

A huge thank you to Bob Blizzard for coming out with his team to teach us how to control our cars.
I honestly learned a bunch of new things on both the small and large 8 exercises...very COOL !

PCH VIPER

This is what I call the  "Spin and Grin"  and there was a lot of that going on.
The small 8 was very interesting and challenging to learn how to get around it quickly.

Lyle gave some great direction on how to read the tree and launch the car.  Not nearly as easy as it seemed.

The big 8 was a lot of fun, but at the higher speeds, there was no "catching" it when you surpassed the tires limits.

The Auto-x was non stop fun and laughter !

Panera provided us with a great lunch as always.

NK BREKR

Huge thanks to the Everts family, Sarah, Lyle, Dan, Bob, Glenn, Mark, Chris and all of the other folks that helped out with the event. 
It was great seeing Marcela and Matt doing great on the big and little figure 8s.

Looking forward to next year! >g

PCH VIPER

Gee,  was it because your tires went up in smoke  =5      >s     >r

Good thing it wasn't because of that darn lightpole that sprinted into the middle of the drag course !   >w

NK BREKR

Justin's screaming as we got sideways on the 0-60 distracted me >w  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Outspeed

What Art says is true. My involuntary school-girl shriek apparently can only be heard by dogs, leprechauns and now "Artulius The Great". Again, a thousand apologies for making you lose control and willing your car toward the immovable object! Good times.

What I learned this weekend...sometimes when we're out of control, we're actually in control  - though it appears we're out of control. A prime example is Art!

ViperX

redtanrt10

Dan, thanks for setting this up again, it was a great day!!!

Lance, as always, great pictures!!!

Art, better to be lucky than good!  What's you annual tire budget??  The folks at the autocross now all have black lung disease!