PANTERA CLUB at WILLOW SPRINGS - Oct 31 / Nov 1

Started by ViperX, July 28, 2009, 11:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCH VIPER

I'd say that after the 2nd lap you'll be up to speed and already a few seconds faster than the old bumble-bee.

You are gonna love it !!!!   <2
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Hey Ben,

You will be surprised how quickly you'll get up to speed.  The car is very forgiving and the traction is so good as to be a bit scary at first.  My recommendation is to stay smooth and work up to it.

We'll be in a garage at the front, the La Grande I think.

I'll bring a camber gauge so we can check your alignment.  These new ACR's have so much traction that without proper negative camber up front, you will wear the left front tire out pretty quickly at Willow Springs.....and with too much negative camber up front, you'll wear the right front tire out pretty fast (corded one two weekends ago after only 4 sessions.)

Speaking of tires, what tires will you be running?

Look forward to seeing you at Willow.

Iceman  <2

Banzai Ben

I think I will run the track wheels I used on my gen2 car, assuming that they fit ok.
They have Toyo R888's.

I think the alignment on the car now has -2.3 camber. You think that is about right?
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ViperX

Hey Ben,

The fit will depend on the wheels and you will need an Ebrake relocation kit on the back of your ACR to run 18's.

Dan  <2

Kadeuces

Iceman,

Did you get some good passing practice out there?

Dr. Fangs

ViperX

Hey Kobi,

I ran in the race group, so I didn't pass as many as usual and the attendance was way down so the track was very open.

We did get a good group of Vipers out as we made up most of the advanced group.  It almost looked like a Viper Days event in the advanced group.

Weather was warmer than expected, but air temps were pretty good, 80's on Saturday and almost 90 on Sunday.

Highlights were:

1 - Ex-pro racer Michael von Quilich (Deadhead) broke 1:29 in his 08 ACR for a personal best - congratulations to Michael!

2 - We met another new Viper owner, ex-pro racer Paul Poisner (Poison), who was also very fast and challenged Michael in his 08 coupe with APR Aero wing and splitter.

3 - Michael Greenberg (Cheeseman) was there in his comp coupe and also ran his GTSR.  He and Bob Blizzard (Bullet) had fun chasing each other around the track.

4 - Ben Kawata (Banzai Ben) brought his new 08 ACR out to play.

5 - Glenn Izard (Grease Lightning) "popped his cherry" (his words for taking his Viper to the track) in his Silver SRT-10.

6 - Viper owner Pat ran some 1:36's in his supercharged SRT-10 Vert.

7 - Scott Hirko came out and ran with us on Sunday.  Nice to see Scott again.

8 - 79 year old John Wiegel (Johnny Yuma) continued to amaze us with his driving skills in his 08 ACR.  When the Cheeseman admits he had trouble catching Johnny, you know Johnny was haulin'.

9 - Michel Szostak (The Champ) and son Adrian (Spinner) came ran and some fast laps in their 06 VOI9 coupe.

10 - I ran a personal best at Willow in my 09 ACR of 1:32 with many 1:33's.

11 - Lance (Flyin' Hawaiian) and Art (Neck Breaker) came out to sing happy birthday to Glenn.

Hope to see you at Fontana Nov 21 & 22.

Iceman  <2

PCH VIPER

What a beautiful day out at WSIR !    I wish I could have gone out on the track...but had just as much fun taking pictures  >u and visiting with everyone.    

Seemed like there were more Vipers there than Panteras !  You guys beat them up on Sat so bad that they didn't want to come out on Sun ??  >m

I posted up the pictures on my site  www.kouchicentral.com

Here are a few:

Glenn in turn 5

Jim, Art, John, Ben

Hirko in turn 3

Bob and Michael going head to head

Dan at turn 6

Ben in turn 4

Roughing it......REALLY!

Glenn did a great job for his first time out and will come up to speed VERY quickly I'm sure !  Good job and Happy B-Day Glenn!

NK BREKR

Hey Banzai Ben,

How did the car feel after making the adjustment to the shocks?  Care to share your times?

redtanrt10

Lance, Great pictures!!

Look's like it was a viper club test and tune day, lot's of open track, wish I could have been there!

Kadeuces

Congrats on getting below 1:32 Dan!
Sounds like you all had a blast.
Wish I could have been there also.

Poison

First post and first time with all the Viper Dudes...Had a blast and cannot wait until Fontana Roval..Hopefully we can get a few guys out there. Also Thanks to Dan for "lending" me his Hoosiers after my Cup tire blew the sidewall on the second lap >s

ViperX

Hey Paul,

Welcome to our group.  If I had known you were that fast, I would have loaned you some older tires so I would have had a chance!

Dan  <2

PCH VIPER

Welcome Paul !

I can say that you are definitely FAST.   I was sitting up at turn 4 taking pictures.  You and Blizzard were the only 2 cars that were ATTACKING  turns 3 and 4.  Pretty cool to sit there and observe the different lines people took through there.  Most guys were coming up from 3 at moderate throttle, You and Blizzard sounded like you were practically wide open and the tires were singing through 4.   

Very impressive driving.   >v

Poison

Thanks guys, Dan BTW the last session on Sunday, the track was bad but I pulled my tires yesterday and had corded 3 of the 4 Kuhmo V700's, lucky to make it home I guess...I don't think those tires hold up too well in the heat at Willow. Probably do OK at Fontana but I will try some new tires for sure, maybe Hoosiers???  =27

NK BREKR

Hey Paul,

Welcome aboard, it was nice meeting you this past weekend.  I love the Red and Graphite stripes combination on your viper it looks very mean.