Next VCA Raffle Car

Started by ViperX, July 27, 2009, 12:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Guys and Gals,

The following post comes directly from the national VCA forum.

Well, it's that time again! Your national officers, board of directors, and regional officers continue to strive to provide you with the greatest car club on the planet. That includes some pretty awesome raffles with some pretty incredible cars. Well, this time we decided to shake things up a bit and offer a totally different kind of Grand Prize. Ready?

We have decided to award the winner of the next VCA raffle dinner for two in beautiful Ann Arbor, Michigan! We will fly the winner and guest to Detroit where they will then arrange travel to Ann Arbor. Then they will have a wonderful dinner! Cool, eh?

Okay, I guess we can sweeten the pot a little. Joining you for dinner will be a gentleman that helped make the Viper possible, although he now works on the other side of town as the Vice Chairman of General Motors. That's right, you will get to spend some quality time with none other than Mr. Bob Lutz himself - truly a living automotive legend. You will even have the opportunity to visit his home and possibly see a few other cars he keeps nearby. Is that awesome or what?

Of course we could probably sell out a raffle with that alone: We know several folks that would gladly buy tickets to win a chance to spend time with Bob. It is a story you would be telling your friends and relatives for decades to come. But that's not all - oh no, not by any means: During your visit to Bob's house he will hand you the keys and title to his 1998 Viper GTS-R (GT2) built especially for him - the coveted #99 of 100 car. According to Bob, his GTS-R also has a little extra under the hood, courtesy of the folks that built it especially for him when he was the president of Chrysler. You will be the proud new owner of one of the most valuable Vipers ever made and get to take delivery from a true automotive legend.

So how about THAT for a raffle folks? The tickets aren't quite available yet as we are waiting for the license to be approved. Obviously we will let you know just as soon as you can buy them. We know a few folks that will undoubtedly pick up some extra tickets for this one in hopes of owning one of the most collectible Vipers out there - not to mention a delivery experience that you will never forget. We will also offer additional prizes as shown below. We hope you are as excited about this raffle as we are!

2009 VCA Raffle #2 - Tentative Drawing of October 31, 2009

Grand Prize - Airfare for two to Detroit, MI. Personal dinner with Bob Lutz in Ann Arbor as well as a visit to his home. There the winner will receive the keys and title to the #99 of 100 Viper GTS-R (GT2) originally built for Bob in 1998. Plenty of photo ops and a chance to spend time with a true automotive legend.

Second Prize - Set of four Michelin tires (non-race tires), generously donated once again by Michelin.

Third Prize - Optima Battery package including battery, collectible posters, and two tickets to any 2010 World Challenge race.

Rules/Notes: 2499 tickets will be available. The vehicle is used with approximately 7,000 miles as of this writing so there is no warranty expressed or implied. Airfare is up to $500 per person with two people maximum and has no cash value - it cannot be redeemed in lieu of air travel. Scheduling will be subject to the availability of Mr. Lutz, but a personal meet-and-greet is guaranteed. Michelin tire certificate must be redeemed no later than December 31st, 2009.

As always, thanks for the continued support of your Viper Club of America!

Chris

PS. A very special thanks to Maurice Liang who was instrumental in not only bringing up the idea, but also getting the conversation started with Bob. Who knows? Bob might even take the winner up in one of his planes...

HISSSN1

2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

ViperX

I shopped hard for one of these, a 98 GTSR while with blue stripes and factory aero, before I bought my 01 GTS ACR.  I found several of them but the owners wanted my left arm (too much - couldn't drive) for them, so I passed.

This would be a very unique addition to anyone's car collection.  I'll be buying tickets for this raffle.

Dan  <2

NK BREKR

Eddie,

I have to admit that the GTSR would complement your White Mamba and Dan's VOI9 coupe quite nicely, I believe it would only be fair if I won it, since you folks already have white Vipers  >w  >g

HISSSN1

Art White Vipers look better in a pair so it only makes sense that Dan or I win but good luck. Dan you already have a white coupe, looks like I will take the GTS-R and have a victory dance.   >l
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

PCH VIPER

Why oh WHY would anyone want an old Gen 2 car like this?  I'm all in for the coach seat flight to Ann Arbor MI for dinner.....can anyone say WHITE CASTLE !!!   >q     >v

You guys can buy the tickets and just give them to me.   
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

viperCFP

your next vanity plate: WHT CSTL

in taipei currently, saw an aston martin v12 vantage and a ferrari california.  still no vipers.  terrible taste...
Michael
Instagram: @viperCFP
'96 GTS (2nd caretaker)