Proud to be a new Sponsor of the SoCal Club. We are Eco Luxury Detail...!

Started by Eco Luxury Detail, February 10, 2014, 07:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eco Luxury Detail

From Basic Detailing to Extreme Ceramic Coatings we are here to Serve the Viper Community!

New Nano-Ceramic Coatings Mean You Can Say Goodbye to Waxes or Paint Sealants!
Rock hard, nano-ceramic coating brings this ACR Viper to the next level of protection.

Spoiler Alert - Check out the whole process video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nseyExiznW0

The Problem: There are a few of you hardcore enthusiasts out there that regularly track their vehicles. [*Do keep in mind: As detailers, we work with every type of vehicle for a variety of reasons, so this is not the only group this is directed towards.] You go to the track and your Viper gets completely chewed up from cutting across the chicanes, accidentally running off track (hopefully not), or collecting marbles of rubber all over your front end, side panels, and even on the wing we found some. I'm sure a few of you are very familiar with using the high pressure washer a mere centimeter away from the paint and the time it takes to remove this grime.

The Happy Ending: Obviously the goal we're presenting is the ability to quickly clean your Viper in a much faster way, but we are going one step further.

What if the grime had no ability to stick?
What if your Viper dried incredibly fast as grime slid right off?
What if there were no sign of water spots around the inlets or below the mirrors or any other hidden spots as you drive away?
And to top that off your Viper looks like it was freshly waxed and ready for a photoshoot with a simple microfiber wipe?

This is the Ceramic Pro Solution:

Some of you enthusiasts out there may have been catching wind of the "new" nano-ceramic glass coatings
that have been hitting the market. We ourselves have been diligently researching these new introductions over the last two years as well. Like us, you may have discovered a few.

Names like Opti-coat, 22ple, CQuartz & AQuartz, Gtechniq have been around for a bit. (I do believe I recently saw a post for Gtechniq on the national forum just a few weeks ago.) However, none we have researched had the success and durability of Ceramic Pro 9H, manufactured by Nanoshine Ltd based in Taiwan. For that matter almost all of these products are sourced from places in Taiwan oddly enough, but Ceramic Pro has been in more countries than any of the others and with more professional application-specific centers.

We will be the first to tell you, as detailers we believe it has been more a matter of culture here in the US that they hadn't arrived sooner, as we have determined from the Swedish team taking ownership and initiative to headquarter operations for Ceramic Pro Americas right here in San Diego.

So a little about what Ceramic Pro 9H is and it's capabilities and then on to our professional application on Mike's ACR.

STEP 1: Nano Polish, Primer
Nano polish is a water-based primer which means it will dissolve when being exposed to water. Its purpose is to fill smaller scratches and to increase adhesion between the substrate and the coating. Nano polish is not to be compared to other fillers on the market! It has no oils or fats in it.

STEP 2: 9H, Ceramic Coating
9H is a glass coating with 70% Nano powder Silicon dioxide (Silica) and 30% alcohol based
patented solution formula . Silica (pure glass) is most commonly found in nature as quartz and is used primarily in the production of glass for windows, drinking glasses, beverage bottles etc. When talking about Nano we are referring to coatings which have dimensions that are measured in billionths of a yard.The 9H coating is so thin and invisible to the naked eye that it doesn't alter the appearance or structure of the surface in any way.

What gives 9H its amazing characteristics is the Nanotechnology it is based upon:

Hydrophobic, Water beading, Water Sheeting
A 9H coating is very hydrophobic. When talking about how hydrophobic a surface is you talk about the contact angle. 9H has the contact angle of 110 Degrees. The contact angle of water on bare metal is often 0 degrees.

Scratch Resistance
To determine a coatings hardness you do a so-called pencil test. The hardness range from 6B (softest) to 9H (hardest). Ceramic pro 9H is above 9H on the scale. This test is used by every company selling a protective coating.
[Have a look at the durability in this video: http://youtu.be/NT39qAmTtVA ]

Permanent Protection
Ceramic Pro 9H is not a paint protection, wax or sealant that will wash away or break down over time. It is a nano-ceramic coating that forms a permanent adhesion to the paint and can only be removed through abrasion. No chemical can dissolve the coating. The coating will only be permanent if maintained correctly. The longevity depends on what the surface is exposed to.

Temperature
The coating will not be affected under 1400 degrees fahrenheit.

Oxidation and Corrosion Resistant
Bare metal will oxidize and painted surfaces will not. Ceramic Pro´s protective coat protects the paint and the metal from getting in contact with water and oxygen.

Chemical Resistance
The coating has a 100% resistance against the damaging contaminants and harsh chemicals that a car can be exposed to. Since chemicals do not do anything to the coating, the car will stay protected.

Non Toxic
The coating has been tested against all heavy metals, Volatile organic compounds and those 151 substances of very high concern (REACH).

STEP 3: Ceramic Pro Light - Top Coat
Light is a top coat that will enhance gloss, depth in the color and increase the contact angle to 114 degrees. Light can be applied on top of Nano Polish but will not be a permanent solution. The longevity of light is approximately 2 years. Light has similar characteristics to 9H but will not leave the surface with the same hardness as 9H. Light is a unique mixture that is also impressive though, as you would not even be able to chip it off with your nail.

An In Depth Look into Viper Paint Correction
Now that we have gotten to know the product, let's show you what it took to get Mike's ACR in shape before we commenced the application.

From Track Dusted to Refined Beauty - Eco Luxury Detail prides itself on using only 16-24oz of deionized water to clean a vehicle. Our customized 2L atomizers typically get us about 3-4 washes per mix. I can honestly say we used every bit of 24oz to hit the grime in every nook and cranny including the engine bay. [Sidenote: let us know if you're interested in one of our 1.5L atomizers. They're perfect for a quick wash & wipe right in your garage.]

Next up is our machine clay process. (Old school clay bars have their time and place, but for large panels, Nanoskin Autoscrub pads provide top of the line embedded contaminant removal. The new advanced rubber polymer technology removes paint over spray, light water marks, tree sap, rail dust, road grime and other extra stubborn surface contaminants safely and easily. )

These pads can be used by hand, but the machine is ultimately quicker. Nanoskin offers products for lubrication, but Meguiars Last Touch D155 is just a good.
Once the vehicle is completely decontaminated we moved right into the polishing. This is a tracked vehicle as many of you know, so the priority of a perfectly clear surface with lots of depth might be going against the grain as compared to your grocery getter. But nothing a few hours of heavy compounding wouldn't resolve.

These panels are exemplary of the entire vehicle. Clearly you can see the swirl marks and haze removed in the bottom photo. And this is our ultimate goal to get down to the bare clear coat for the best adhesion for nano polish and Ceramic Pro 9H.

In case you were curious our typical weapons of choice are the Rupes 21 Bigfoot Polisher.

And 6" Lake Country Yellow Cutting Pads with Meguiars 105 Ultra-Cut Compound.

Any further light compounding we completed with Menzerna Fast Gloss Compound 400 and some Buff and Shine Microfiber Cutting Pads. If this wasn't a track vehicle and we had a little more time, it would be completely possible to finish the paint correction with only these two products. The bonus here being less dust created from the compound.

And now back to the beginning:

STEP 1: Nano Polish, Primer
Nano polish is quite a remarkable product by itself. Further refining the light compounding we're able to fill the smaller scratches and to increase adhesion between the substrate and the coating. It generally takes us about 30-45 minutes to completely polish the entire vehicle, which sets us up for a 90 minute cure time and ensuring the best adhesion for 9H.

STEP 2: 9H, Ceramic Coating
Dividing the hood into 6 sections we are able to coat each block, which requires about a minute to start flashing (signaling it's ready to remove excess solution.) This application process is running against the gun, and it's vital to remove any excess immediately, or you have to recoat the area and start again.

Calculate how many two foot blocks there are on a typical Viper and you can see where this would be a painstaking.

In about 30 minutes, we're ready for the next coat. Mind you with the scoops on the hood and intricate angles on the bumper it's easy to leave a smudge. So by the time we make it around from mirror to mirror, we're ready to go again!

Hand polish, coat, repeat for the backend! Needless to say we were able to push ourselves through with a few coffees and snacks from "The Mrs."  THANK YOU!  Microfiber towels aplenty, it's imperative to switch these out to avoid cross contamination and residual towel marks.

And finally the finish line!

STEP 3: Ceramic Pro Light - Top Coat
Light is our final top coat to enhance the overall gloss level, boost the depth in the color and increase the contact angle to 114 degrees for maximum hydrophobicity! (<--Word of the day! Be sure to mention this for $100 off your paint correction.)

This is a relatively quick process for us and a relief after 4 coats. About 30 minutes here and we are set for maximum gloss and the vehicle is ready to be stored. Ceramic Pro's system takes approximately 8 hours to safely touch, and 3 weeks to fully cure for maximum hardness. This process can be sped up in our shop using Infrared Curing lamps, but it's not required. However, it is advised that you do not wash your car for those 3 weeks.

Check out our application video for Mike's ACR and feel free to call us or email with any questions! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nseyExiznW0

Below are Our Select Packages for the SoCal Viper Club. We also offer interior treatments for leather, plastic & fabric; additional panel coatings of 9H for even stronger durability, as well as a la carte coating for wheels (specifically Ceramic Pro Strong equivalent to 40 layers of 9H. One pressure wash and brake dust vanishes effortlessly.) All vehicles have different levels of paint defect and will likely require 3-8 hours of paint correction, as a separate quote.

If you have any questions we are available to talk 8am-10pm.

Keep it clean out there!

Knick and Ryan,
Eco Luxury Detail
Knick @ 949-682-9274
Ryan @ 949-791-9326
"Luxury with a Conscience"

We are proud to sponsor the Best Car Club in SoCal!

As detailers, we can also offer any variety of our regular detailing services for your Viper & family cars/collector cars! (Express, Classic Luxury, Interior Cleaning & Protection, Headlight Restoration, Scratch Removal & Full Polishing, Tinting & Rim Repair are available.) www.ecoluxurydetail.com/services

The STRYKER Fully Protected Ceramic Pro Pkg $1450
Description
* 1 Layer of Nano polish
* 4 layers of "9H" as paint protection.
* 2 Extra layers on Exposed Areas (front panel and hood)
* 1 Layer of Light to enhance the shine
* 1 Layer of 9H on plastic on exterior.
* 1 Layer of "Rain" on all windows
* 1 Layer of "Strong" on all rims

The MAMBA EXTERIOR Ceramic Pro Pkg $895
Description
* 1 Layer of Nano polish
* 1 Layers of "9H" as paint protection.
* 1 Extra layer on Exposed Areas (front panel and hood)
* 1 Layer of Light to enhance the shine
* 1 layer of "Rain" on all windows
* 1 Layer of "Strong" on all rims

The SNEAKY PETE BASIC Ceramic Pro Pkg $495
Description
* 1 Layer of Nano polish
* 1 Layer of Ceramic Pro Light
* 1 layer of "Rain" on all windows

*New Vehicles: Thinking about purchasing a new 2013/14 Viper?[/color]After considerable testing from the manufacturer, we have found that if intending to apply Clear Bra protection it is best to apply first. The new formula for Ceramic Pro 9H keeps with the last formula, that any application over this coated surface will be inadequate for adhesion of Clear Bra/Vinyl applications. For the ultimate clear bra protection, Ceramic Pro Light can be installed right on top of the clear bra surface further enhancing water sheeting & UV protection of the Vinyl!

[/color]If you didn't click the video in the beginning click now! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nseyExiznW0
www.ecoluxurydetail.com
"Luxury with a Conscience"

Get the most durable Nano-Ceramic Protective Coating here!
www.ecoluxurydetail.com/nanoceramiccoatings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nseyExiznW0#t=1

redtanrt10

Knick-Ryan,

Thanks so much for all your hard work!!!  The finish on my viper looks better today than when it was new!  Can't wait to track it and then see how easy it will be to clean up

SoCal Viper Owners, Dave Kuzmiak (silver Gen III) got me hooked up with these guys.  When we were at Cars & Coffee in December he showed me his car and explained all the work the guys from Eco Luxury detail did for his viper.  It looked great and the surface felt like glass. Many of you folks know Dave is big into keeping his viper looking great.  He introduced lots of us to TJ for clear bra and Dave has also taking the club a couple of time to Meguiars.

Dave said not only is their surface treatment great and long lasting, he also spoke about how well they detailed his car before the application.  He told me the guys were looking for a track car to show the durability of the finish and ease of cleaning so we finally set up a date in mid-January.

First off, my viper was filthy from Buttonwillow (some of you saw it at C&C).  The guys did their dry wash then must have spent 3-4 hours plus buffing all the scratches and imperfections.  At that point my viper really looked great, better than when I got it new.

From there they painstaking applied the protective coating, 4 treatments one at a time over the entire car.  I was able to watch them do the applications and they were extremely methodical applying and buffing it by hand in small sections.

I've been traveling most of the moth and only had a chance to take the viper out Saturday.  It really looks great and I can't wait (if you can believe this) to wash dirt of the car and see how easy it is.

These guys are the experts on this, but from what they showed me and told me the finish is near bullet proof some scratches and swirl marks won't come back.  Also, with this protection , no more waxing, just wash and dry.

Anybody is welcome to check out my viper and see and feel the finish as well as pour water on it and see what happens.  I'll be at Willow Springs on March 1-2nd, check it out or watch for the upcoming video of how easy it is to clean track grime and tires marks!

Knick-Ryan, thanks again!!!

Mike

Speedtactics

Mike,
If anyone will put this to the test it's you. I'm not sure if I have ever seen your car clean? :o
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

Newport Viper

Mike, I will be very interested to see what you think about the ease of clean up after your track weekend on the 1st.

I see Dan C. had some cool stuff to say about your car on the VOA site. http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/2106-New-SoCal-Sponsor-Eco-Luxury-Detail

The best thing I have seen with this is you can continually wash it/quick detail it and, you won't get swirl marks coming back again and again. Buff the car out once, have the coating installed and you are done with it.

I used to be really into detailing with Meguiars as Mike mentioned but, that was my very late 30's. Now in later 40's I can't bend like I used to. Got to save what I have left for golf. That's why this coating appealed to me. Just wash it and I'm done.

I had some fun with the guys the other day as we did a 6 month repellency test. Again, better living through chemistry... LOL

http://vimeo.com/87716058

I tried to get a good photo of how the water "beads under itself" (Hydrophobic) and then folds over and rolls off. This eliminates any water spots after a wash.  I better get Scott or Lance to get a better pic...

04 SRT-10

Newport Viper

Just got back from the clubs awesome autocross event with the Vettes!

I put on 293.1 miles and 8 autocross runs.

Here is what my wheels look like with the Ceramic Pro strong for wheels.

Again I'm impressed with how little front brake dust. If your looking to get just a little taste of how good these coating are just have your wheels done.

04 SRT-10

redtanrt10

Hey folks

got a great test on cleaning a couple of weeks ago.

Went to Willow Springs (the weekend we had the big rain) .  Ran 4 sessions Sunday, unlike Buttonwillow dust in the video, Willow is much faster and I get covered with rubber, which is more of a challenge to clean.

My viper was so much easier to clean, no the rubber didn't come off with water, but it was much easier to remove than before.

I will also tell you folks that it is very interesting looking at the rear bumper or wing when the car is dirty.  the dust mixes with the moisure in the morning dew and forms dirt beads.  It as if water just pulls the dirt right off.

I was at Cars and Coffe this past weekend.  guys who hadn't seen it said it looked great.  I brought Ralph Giles over and he was amazed at how good my viper looked

If anyone has any questions about this stuff drop me a line or give me a call.  Mike

Newport Viper

04 SRT-10