Willow Springs Nov 9 & 10 Westcoast Racing, $245

Started by Banzai Ben, September 08, 2013, 04:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banzai Ben

Big Willow open track event the weekend of Nov 9th/10th, $245 for both days.

www.westcoastracinginc.com
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

Redsled

Hoping to use that event to break in the new motor.  8)

Banzai Ben

Quote from: Redsled on September 08, 2013, 08:18:48 PM
Hoping to use that event to break in the new motor.  8)

Wow, what happened Jonathan?
Did you rebuild your existing engine or get a whole new one?
Looking forward to running with you and since you'll be breaking in your motor I'll finally be able to pass you!   ;)

Redsled

Quote from: Banzai Ben on September 08, 2013, 10:28:12 PM
Wow, what happened Jonathan?
Did you rebuild your existing engine or get a whole new one?
Looking forward to running with you and since you'll be breaking in your motor I'll finally be able to pass you!   ;)

The engine didn't grenade or anything, but the rings have started to give up the ghost. The engine is smoking more than normal and after the last outing to ACS earlier in the year, the car just doesn't have the zip it used to.  After 8 years as a race motor it is time to freshen it up and give it some new legs again.  :)

Doc

I've only been away from the track for a week... But November seems so far away! :)

Any events coming up sooner than this?
Donn (aka "Doc")
Carlsbad, CA
www.competition-classics.com

Speedtactics

Ben,
I would love to plan on this event. I'm not sure if I'll be able to drive with my injury yet. I'll have to wait and see how I feel as it gets closer. Either way I'll be there if only to take pics. 8)
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

Banzai Ben

Quote from: Doc on September 11, 2013, 08:34:07 PM
I've only been away from the track for a week... But November seems so far away! :)

Any events coming up sooner than this?

These are some events coming up but I'm not sure who is going. I might do one of them before the West Coast event.

Speedventures.com       Buttonwillow, Sept 21-22

opentrackracing.com      Willow Springs, Wed Sept 25th

Extremespeedtrackevents.com    Chuckwalla, Sept 28-29   

Extremespeedtrackevents.com     Willow Springs, Oct 12-13

Shift-s3ctor.com     Willow Springs, Oct 19

Banzai Ben

Quote from: Hirkophoto on September 12, 2013, 11:49:32 AM
Ben,
I would love to plan on this event. I'm not sure if I'll be able to drive with my injury yet. I'll have to wait and see how I feel as it gets closer. Either way I'll be there if only to take pics. 8)

Hope you get better so you can drive, not as much fun watching. In either case, glad you will be there.

redtanrt10

Ben,

I'm so bummed out by that date with West coast as I have to be in Phoenix that weekend.
also, Speed ventures is at Fontana that weekend, normally they schedule the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Thinking about going to Buttonwillow with Speed Ventures on Oct 19-20.  haven't been there in 4 years and that was my only time so I really don't know that track.  Why don't you plan on that, I think early registration is $150/day

Jonathan,

How about you at BW?  Guessing you know that track well and I'd appreciate help.

Mike

Redsled

Sure thing Mike.  Have extensive amount of track time at Buttonwillow.  Send me a PM if you are going and I will see about getting out there to help you out.

Banzai Ben

I'm signed up for both days and my son, Mikey, is signed up for the Fast Lane Racing School on the Streets of Willow that same weekend. If anyone wanted to start tracking their car, the Fast Lane school is a great way to start learning.

swisspower

Hi Ben and Sidewinders
I`m planning to drive both days in the red run group.
See you at the track!
Peter 8)

Banzai Ben

Glad you can make it Peter!
I'm staying at the Devonshire Motel by the track. Where are you staying?

Specialty Performance Team

Hey Guys, if anyone needs anything brought to the track or needs help at the event, feel free to call me. We will be there with Steve Dana's GT2 Comp Coupe and Greg Scilley's ACRX.

This will be a well attended Viper event, for those of you that have never had your car on the track, this is a great venue. Willow Springs is made for the Viper, it begs for Hp and does not beat up your car. With all that tire and torque, you can never see the limit of your car safely on the street. West Coast has a beginner group, so don't feel you will be pressured.

For you track rats, you might consider an asymmetrical alignment on your car for Willow Springs, its all right turns and is really hard on tires. With an asymmetrical alignment, your car will handle better and run faster.

As always, Gen 2-3 guys, your engine oil must be filled just barely over the full line and I strongly suggest a competition oil pan. Make sure your brake fluid has been changed in the last 2 years  and check your brake pads and tires.

For this event we offer a free 60 point vehicle inspection and tech sheet for the event.

Dan Cragin
310-597-6295

Banzai Ben

Dan,
I'll be bringing my car in next Wednesday to get tech'd and oil change. I would like to try the Big Willow specific alignment too.
Thanks