Viper - Ford GT "One Day of the Condor Run" September 14th, 2013

Started by hemotox, May 09, 2013, 11:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemotox

Viper - Ford GT  "One Day of the Condor Run" September 14th, 2013

Okay, So Cal Viper Club Members, the attached map is posted for a pick-up run planned by OrignalRoot (Joel Larson) and Hemotox (Doc EJ) to get the vipers out into the Los Padres National Forest.  We have decided to offer participation to the So Cal Ford GT club as a joint event.  Hemotox will coordinate the Ford GT guys. It will be great to get both iconic American sports cars together.  Ford GT guys are a great group. total car guys.  This is not an official club sponsored event.  We know this area to be a superb place to let these machines run.  There is very little if any traffic, and we have constructed the run to end up on the Interstate 5, at Frazier Park, that will allow everyone easy return access to multiple freeways towards the San Fernando Valley south.  It will also be a great opportunity to get some unique photos of both Vipers and Ford GTs!  Maybe even land in a Viper publication?

Planned starting point is Denny's off Roxford and I-5 in Sylmar (12861 Encinitas Ave, Sylmar, CA 91342).  There is a Chevron Station at the same address.  We then take I-5 north to Lebec.  Westward through Frazier Park to the Lockwood Valley turn-off.  We will tranverse the Lockwood Valley to Hwy 33.  North along a unpopulated Maricopa Hwy to 166.  Then back along the Noroeste Rd, crest of Mt. Pinos to Frazier Park.  BBQ and Pizza and Mexican restaurants are available.

This will be a great event, great people, great cars, and excellent BBQ.  If you are interested in joining this run, please place affirmative comment on this thread.  Totals are needed for lunch reservations.  Should be finished with lunch by 1:00 PM.

OrignialRoot
hemotox
Arturo
Hirko
PCH VIPER
Eric
Eduardo Veloce (Fast Eddie)
Demoe
Derek + 1
Rick & Joyce
Dave
Eddie & Michelle
Andy
Mike
Ernie + 1
Donn + 1
Tom & Shawn

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

PCH VIPER

The roads back there are very fun to drive and the scenery is beautiful.

I really wish I could make it out for this, but our little one is performing that weekend.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

NK BREKR

OriginalRoot

=16 You Will be Missed ! The weather should be Outstanding, That Condor Road .... One of the Best in So Cal !   <L

Speedtactics

Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

hemotox

Scott,

I think Joel and I will probably reschedule this one as it seems difficult to generate interest on this run on short notice.  PCH VIPER tried to boost it a little in the last email, but not much action.  I may have a commitment that has popped up this last week.

Will post in a day or so, if we are a go.

hemotox

Speedtactics

Yeah it's a busy time of the year. Also repeating events every year end up loosing attendance. Too much of a good thing  :o
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

hemotox

Ford GT guys very positive initial response to this combined run.  Blessing from the "Tiki God" would also be beneficial!  Would be great to get a good response from our club.  OriginalRoot, will be rustling the bushes to increase Viper Club Response.

PCH VIPER

September 14th is great !   I can make it out on this day for sures.
It will be really cool driving with the FGT guys.
Looking forward to driving back there again.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

hemotox

OriginalRoot,

The Tiki Gods have spoken, the Pele Volcano has rumbled.  PCH VIPER is signed up!!! :) :) :)

Need to hear from Edwardo Veloce, (Fast Eddie) of Long Beach! 

edoggrc51

OriginalRoot

Yeah ! The date sounds Good to Me, Count Me In !  I'll get Denny & Ernie.

Fast Eddie