West Coast Racing at Willowsprings Mar 3-4, 2018

Started by Banzai Ben, January 14, 2018, 06:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banzai Ben

West Coast Racing
March 3 & 4, 2018

We have been attending West Coast Racing's event out at Willow Springs for a great number of years and always look forward to this event.  For the experienced, it is a great weekend of going out and honing their skills and fine tuning their Vipers to trim those last few seconds.  This is an especially great event for the newcomers as well.  West Coast Racing is a High Performance Driving School and all the green group drivers get instruction.
If you sign up early enough and let us know, we will assign a Viper instructor to you which will offer you the best learning experience in a very safe environment. 

Come on out and enjoy a fun and relaxing weekend out at the track.

http://www.westcoastracinginc.com/Entry.pdf
http://www.westcoastracinginc.com/Tech.pdf
http://www.westcoastracinginc.com/Policy.pdf
http://www.westcoastracinginc.com/Schedule.pdf

WHAT:
-West Coast Racing

WHEN:
-March  3 & 4, 2018 
Time -  8:00 am

WHERE:[/b]
-  Willow Springs International Raceway 3500 75th St W   Rosamond CA 93560

Attending:

Ben K
Mike B
Scott
Lance
Catwood
Peter
Ron

Randy
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

catwood

BAVIPER

Got signed up :) This will be my first time to drive at Willow Springs big track.

Ron

Speedtactics

Ron,
Great to see your coming out. There will be plenty of experienced Viper guys there to help if you need it.
Quote from: BAVIPER on February 17, 2018, 07:32:57 PM
Got signed up :) This will be my first time to drive at Willow Springs big track.

Ron
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

catwood

Been watching the weather.  Looks like rain on Friday and probably some drizzle on Saturday.   It's also going to be on the cold side.   I'll be staying at the track in my camper.    I'll be pulling tires off the racecar and a buddys car and storing them overnight inside the trailer to keep them from freezing overnight.   Anyone that needs to do the same let me know there should be plenty of room.   I may buy a small heater and put in there also just to keep the temp up a little.

I've been there on colder days and it's not terrible on the track.  You just need to be a bit more cautious and just let the faster guy in the blue Panoz fly by.     

Banzai Ben

2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

Speedtactics

Anyone looking for tires for this event let me know. I have two sets of Hoosiers used for the Viper. The first set is 315/35/18 from and 345/30/18 rears, $325 there is about 50% rubber left on these. good for the willow springs weekend. The second set is close to new. 295/35 front and 345/30/18 rear 85% rubber if not more $700. I can bring them with me to Willow if interested. PM or text me 805-216-2892
Scott Hirko

Atari_Prime

Hi All,

Dan mentioned this event me earlier this week.  I really should check the forum more often.

I have been considering going.  How many of us normally go? 

In looking at the posts it looks like most people head up the night before and stay at the track.  Do many drive up the morning of?  Would I need to be there early or could I show up around 9 AM?

It doesn't look like I will be able to go (basically due to bad planning on my part) but am very interested in this one or the next one if I can get everything sorted out.

Thx

PCH VIPER

Come on out !!!!
This is a great track event and very casual with no pressure.
There will be at least 5 or 6 Vipers running this weekend.

Most of us will stay the weekend, a few will come just for the day.
At the very least come out and check it out.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Atari_Prime

Speedtactics

Scott Hirko

PCH VIPER

Mandatory Driver's meeting is at 8:00 am on Saturday.
If you come out and need an instructor, we can get you a Viper specific instructor to ride passenger with you.  You will have a blast and learn a lot
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Atari_Prime

My preference would be to run around the track a bit.

I would prefer to not have an instructor unless one is required.

Thx.

Atari_Prime

Thank you all for the invite.  If I had planned this better I would love to be there.

Stay safe.  Looks like the track might be a bit greasy.

I will try to stay more attentive so I can be sure to attend the next event.

Thx.