Cruise Control on a 2004

Started by Jay M, July 18, 2011, 06:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay M

Are there any trustworthy shops in the LA area who could/would install a cruise control kit?

thanks,
~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

ViperX

DC Performance comes to mind.

Call Dan Cragin.

Kala

The Gen V looks like it'll have CC

Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

Jay M

Actually I did call Dan, and he didn't want to install it.  He's not comfortable installing something that can potentially be disastrous if it fails.  I completely understand his position, but there are many Viper owners who have nothing but good things to say about the Snake Oyl kit.  So I'm willing to take the risk.  Seriously, in 6th gear on the Highway, it's nearly impossible to keep the speed down to a CHP approved speed.  CC will greatly help me with that.

I think I will be very envious of those who can afford the Gen V :)  I tend to believe it will still be 100% Viper + a few creature comforts that those of us who love driving the Viper will greatly appreciate.

For now, I've decided to dump some money into my Gen III to make it more practical and enjoyable.  Most frivolous thing I might do are ventilated seats :) The things that are in the works now are a multi-media NAV unit with blue tooth and great sound, leather interior, and cruise control.... If I can find a trustworthy shop to install it.

thanks,
~Jay

PCH VIPER

Hey Jay,
I installed the SnakeOyl kit on my 2002.  It was not very hard at all.  It works great and I have had no problems at all with it.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Jay M

Thanks, that's good to hear.  I guess if I can't find a trustworthy shop, I'll have to try it myself.

Cruise Control will be nice for the Sedona trip :)

~Jay

Jay M

In case anyone is interested, I had Galpin Auto Sports install the Snake Oyl cruise control.  It's been several months now and I'm very happy with it.  It keeps the speed much more consistent than I can, and works about 90% as well as an OEM system.

~Jay

PCH VIPER

The new Gen V will have cruise control and a whole lot more  >v

The new interior is gorgeous !

Jay M

Maybe In 2020, I'll be able to afford a 2013! 

I meant to ask you Saturday, How does the new car look in person?  From the pictures, I think it's possibly one of the most beautiful car made in my lifetime.

~Jay

PCH VIPER

The car is much  much mich better in person.
The paint really makes the curves and lines come alive and the carbon fiber just pops with the right light.

Speedtactics

I love that color interior , can't wait till I can afford one some day  =17
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics