Autocross December 16, 2017

Started by Speedtactics, October 20, 2017, 03:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedtactics

Come out and drive your car. That is what Dodge made them for. I you have a Viper there is no point in leaving it n the garage The cars are made to be driven.  The last place you want to learn to drive fast is the street! Come join me at the Camarillo auto cross on Dec 16th. I am happy to help newbies and give rides and ride along to help improve your driving. Learn to control the Viper Before it bites you on the street.
http://www.camarilloautocross.com/race_registration.html

If you have signed up for this event please post up your are coming or send a email to [email protected] so we can add you to the list

Attending so far:

Scott H.
Ben K.
Jay M.
Jeff A.
Chuck P.
Omid H.
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

Banzai Ben

I just registered. Lets get some more vipers out there!
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

2006SRT10

Jeff Altman

Jay M

I'm signed up!  FYI - the website doesn't always work, so I had to email them.

See you guys there.

~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

Speedtactics

Cool. Lets get more guys out to this event. It would be nice to out number the corvettes for a change. It's tough when there are normally 2 Vipers that show up. 8)
Scott Hirko

1HOTACR

Quote from: Speedtactics on October 23, 2017, 01:59:41 PM
Cool. Lets get more guys out to this event. It would be nice to out number the corvettes for a change. It's tough when there are normally 2 Vipers that show up. 8)

I've sent out 135 invitations to Viper owners for the event. If you would like to have a list of people to call I can send you their phone #s

Thank you Scott for stepping up to the plate and forming this event for the Club.  We need more members to have your attitude and get off their butt and help.
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

Omid

I hope to make this event. I've had my 1998 GTS for 3 weeks and would appreciate the opportunity to learn how to control this beast!  Do spots sell-out or can I register the week of?  I live in a Riverside.

Speedtactics

We love to have new Viper guys show up! Come on out and we can help you learn to drive the beast that is a Viper! It sells out. I would register now. If you can't make it you can always cancel it with speedlimit racing and refund.
Scott Hirko

Omid

Do they rent/sell helmets on site or do I need to provide my own?  If I need to provide, any recommendations on Brand/Model?

Speedtactics

Almost any helmet will work. They don't inspect them. They just want you to have one on.
Scott Hirko

Banzai Ben

2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

PCH VIPER

Hey Omid,
It would be well worthwhile to buy a helmet.  Just make sure that you buy one with a Snell SA2015 rating.
You could buy one with a SA2010 rating, but it will be expired/disallowed for use in Jan of 2020.

Do not buy a motorcycle helmet.  They have a different rating and if you continue on to track events in your Viper, they will not allow them.

You should definitely take some time to go and try one on.  They all fit differently.  Simpson racing is Harbor City and you can try on their helmets. SUBE Motorsports is in Huntington beach and he has a variety of different brands.  PCI Race in Signal Hill also has a bunch on the shelf to try on.

Good luck
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Omid

What should I bring to the event this weekend? 

Rent Helmet onsite
Painters tape for #on car
Water & snacks
Folding chair
?
?

How's the air quality in the area with fires?

Didn't realize how far this location is from my house. It's roughly 120 miles away. Looks like it's going to be a long day.

1HOTACR

Hi Omid

Speed Ventures supplies a printed number for your Viper so don't worry about that.  The weather should be perfect and the smoke from the fires should not be a problem.  Have a great time!

Glenn
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

Speedtactics

The air quality currently is great up here. of course that could change with the wind but the fires are farther north near SB so most of the smoke is up there. It will be warm so bring sun screen.
They supply plenty of water. Bring a folding chair if you want to sit.
They have loaner helmets, they don't require any special helmets so if you have one any kind will work, I see people using motocross helmets.
Be sure and drive by 7:30 am for registration and gate entry.
Also I assume you signed up? If you did not the event is full!
Scott
Quote from: Omid on December 11, 2017, 08:23:46 PM
What should I bring to the event this weekend? 

Rent Helmet onsite
Painters tape for #on car
Water & snacks
Folding chair
?
?

How's the air quality in the area with fires?

Didn't realize how far this location is from my house. It's roughly 120 miles away. Looks like it's going to be a long day.
Scott Hirko