Want to Lower My Gen 4

Started by HyperViper, July 02, 2012, 07:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HyperViper

Really want to lower my 2008 a little and can't decide the best approach. Only want to go about an inch lower and really don't want to sacrifice the ride.

Not sure about just caps which seems to keep the stock shocks working within their intended range but may not offer much of a difference as far as looks.

Comments from those who have done this would be appreciated.

Ron
Ron & Nora ..San Diego...08 Vert..Black w/ White Stripes

ViperX

Hey Ron,

Best way is to call Mark at Woodhouse Dodge and buy a set of Motion Control adjustable Shocks in the "club sport" product line.

Have Mark supply the springs, likely 500 front, 800 rear.

The ride, handling and car control will be greatly improved.

Tell him I sent you.

Dan  >v

HyperViper

Thanks Dan.....I will do it!

I was already leaning that way, but since it is D.E. Approved  <2

HyperViper

Got my new shocks ordered yesterday  >r Now all I need is some of Nader's brackets to mount them. He is currently out and onto another production run, but weeks away.

HyperViper

Got the new MCS shocks installed last Sunday. Wow! Car feels super planted and rides way better than before. Will play around with the adjustable dampers a bit though just to be sure they are set where I want them. Dropped it about 3/4 " for now to make sure I can get in and out of most driveways around here.

Mike Carrasco @ Mikes Viper Performance in Murrieta did the install and then did a 4 wheel alignment.