VIPER DAYS Comes to So Cal - March 25 - 27

Started by ViperX, January 20, 2011, 11:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EXHLR8N

Dan and Kathy and Lance - As usual, a great "sidewinder" outing.  You couldn't of created better weather on Saturday.  

For all of you who haven't had the opportunity to go to the track, Chuckwalla is one of the most forgiving tracks we run and you should definately book it as one that you could do easily.  Plenty of instruction available.

I took David Andrews in my car the first time.  Most of the red group drivers would more than happy to jump in your car with you and show the lines.

Next stop Pahrumph.  If you haven't been here, it is literally a country club.  Great facility and a great party with the Sidewinders afterwards.

So no excuse .... come to the track!!!!
The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

PCH VIPER

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

redtanrt10

Great stuff Lance!  I was bummed at the end of the first video, I'm in your rear view mirror at the end and it stops!

You had a real good lap on #4!  then lap 5 you catch Bruce, good footage together.

Happy to see myself on the second video.

Can you make a copy for Bruce of the 2nd video about 8:40-8:50 when he passes me, he was happy!

Mike

EXHLR8N

I want it documented that I got a "point by" by Mike for the first and last time in my track career!  HA-HA!
The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

ViperX

Good weekend of driving, great photos.  Ran a personal best of 1:57.5.  With some more line work and driving time at this track, 1:55 was certainly possible in the ACR - which is pretty good for a street car.  Checked the data logger and it showed a couple of places where the ACR pulled over 1.6 G's - and not in the bowl!  Amazing cars.

Got some good video myself - will post when I get time.

Sounds like everybody had fun.  Checking fluids before any driving event is critical.

Checking tires is important too as old tires can and do fail when stressed.  (Ben, are you out there? - Glad you're OK)

Dan

Banzai Ben

Great driving Dan! I could not keep up with you so I guess I owe you a diet coke!
Super thanks for lending me your extra set of wheels and tires so I could run Sunday and drive home.  >t
I will never use 6-7 year old tires again! This is what happened to my right rear during my third session
resulting in a spin.
Hey, I kinda like your wheels and tires on my car.  >w
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

1HOTACR

Ben,  Love your new wheels and tires.  Great choice!    <L

Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

admin

Picture of Ben with his $100 tire.  You're looking pretty good Ben...your $100 tire isn't. ^8

HISSSN1

Thank you Dan and Cathy for the use of the trailer and all the snacks. I had a great time at chuckwalla I learned even more about me and my car. Hope to get better as time goes on. Here are some pictures I took . Eddie

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hisssin1/sets/72157626384563742/
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

NK BREKR

Hey Ben,
Glad to hear you were able to drive the rest of the weekend.  You can probably put that tire on ebay and sell it as "like new with more than 50% tread left"  >l

HISSSN1

Quote from: redtanrt10 on March 30, 2011, 03:25:55 PM
Eddie,

Nice pictures!

Like this one the best

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hisssin1/5572781651/sizes/m/in/set-72157626384563742/

Good, Better, Best!!
Mike I like that Good ,Better, Best.   <2
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2019 Hellcat Redeye

HISSSN1

Quote from: NK BREKR on March 30, 2011, 02:54:40 PM
Hey Ben,
Glad to hear you were able to drive the rest of the weekend.  You can probably put that tire on ebay and sell it as "like new with more than 50% tread left"  >l

Hey Ben looks like Art wants the tires at 50 % off sounds like a ok deal.
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2019 Hellcat Redeye

Sundiego

Spectacular driving by Mike Malone to come 3rd on Sun in his supercharged Gen 1 in TTU, on a course with no big straights! Randy Begin did a great job in his stock Gen 1 running a 2:06 on my 3 1/2 year old, well used street tires, ahead of many Gen 4 ACRs!

They took home 5 trophies.

Banzai Ben

Hey Art,

I'll give you a super special price for the tires, FREE!  >w

Hey Mike, I saw that you ran 159.5, I owe you a diet coke too. I'll be looking for you at Spring Mtn.  =27
Just gotta find some new tires!

2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue