UPDATE: 

Event Location:     California Speedway, Fontana
Drag Strip Name:    Southern California Auto Club Drag Strip
Address:               9300 Cherry Avenue, Fontana

Upon Arrival:         State that you are there for the Viper Club Test & Tune
Gates Open:          7AM - Go directly to tech
Track is Hot:         9AM

Cost:                   $30 per car, $10 for spectators
Don't Forget:         Your helmet, long sleeve cotton shirt, long pants and closed toed shoes.

Link to California Speedway:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=9300+Cherry+Avenue,+Fontana,+CA+92335&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=51.708931,82.265625&ie=UTF8&z=15&ll=34.078398,-117.490153&spn=0.026659,0.054245&om=1&iwloc=addr

RayMcIntyre

Currently this day fits into my schedule, so I think I am in.
I will look for the details from Hugh.
Happy Holidays to all.

Ray

No Rice

Is this event heavily scrutinized for tech violations? I have a 03 SRT that makes 800rwhp that I would be interested in taking to the track, however there are no safety additions to the car besides how it came from the factory. What would I be able to run without being illegal as is?

AceFang

John Bennett

EXHLR8N

Should be fun.  Hey Lance, are you going to do it?
The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

ViperX

Hey No Rice,

Hopefully, you have a helmet, a driving suit and shoes.  If not, you will need at least a helmet, cotton pants and a long sleeve cotton shirt.  Driving gloves may also be required.  Come to the local breakfast and tech seminar on Jan 20 at Subie Sports - see event calendar.  I know, it's too late for this drag event but there will be many more driving events coming.  These private events are usually more liberal than the regular NHRA events but I have not run with this group before.  You can usually get away with 11.6 or higher without any issues.    If you go faster, they may want to check your roll bar, six points, fire extenguisher, 1/2 shaft loops, scatter shield, etc.  Welcome to CA.   I have all this stuff on my SRT-10, but I can't make this one - I'll be returning from VCA Prez school on Sunday.   Keep your top up and be conservative in all that you say to your tech guy.  Don't go too fast and you'll have fun.

You really ought to get some safety stuff you know.  You're making too much power not to.  DC will do the roll bars and stuff and Subie will outfit you.

Dan

gstg

I definitely want to attend. I have a question for any Drag knowledgeable people out there. I currently have a 1996 RT/10 with the original 335/35/17 back wheels. I was told that no one makes 17" drag slicks other then in 315 size. My question is would BFG 315 x 17 Drag Radials (not full Drag slicks to my knowledge) be better then the 335 x 17's that are on there now? Not sure giving up the tire width would be worth it in a semi-drag slick of smaller size? The car does have misc mods including supercharger, suspention, upgraded half shafts, 3.73 gearing, etc. Not sure if that would make a difference in the answer.

Thanks

PS I forgot to mention I have extra front wheels I could mount the 315's on the back if need be (275/40/17s).

SSSSE YA

ViperX

GSTG,

If you still have your OE tires, they will be very, very slippery, especially if you are supercharged and 3.73 geared.  Any drag radial, even a size or two narrower will give you much more traction than your old Pilot Sports or new Pilot Sports for that matter.

I just checked tire rack (good place for tire info, www.tirerack.com) and they don't show BFG drag radials in 315 / 17, so not sure if they're available.  Check with BFG.  BFG drag radials are about as sticky as you can get in a radial tire.  They are not as sticky as true "slicks" but they are very good none the less.

In a street type tire, Kumho makes its very sticky Ecsta V-700 in 315 / 17.  I run Kumhos in 335 / 30 / 18 on the back of my SRT-10 on the street when caravaning / cornering with other Vipers.  My SRT-10 makes 925 rwhp so traction is always an issue.  These tires work very well when warm.

Nitto also makes drag radials and I have had good experience with them.  These aren't quite as sticky as the BFG's but last much longer and ride very smoothly on the street.  I use these on my SRT when I'm feeling like chewing up some Ferraris or Porsche GTs.

Good luck,

Dan

racecars

:(

Can't make this,  :( doing a charity run in the Viper to Julian :o

Will be @ the Sube' deal ;D :o

Dave

anthony

ViperX

I wish we could make this one.  The lastest news is that there may be fewer cars than we thought from the Pontiac Group, as bunch fewer.  More runs for us!

Dan 8)

todd abrams

Im in on this one Dan.

Im actually having my wife follow in my truck with the kids!  Ill be bringing 5-6 kids just to make it. Wish me luck.

NIZ is also going with his wife.

I may have even talked Mike (Carrasco) into coming with his family as well

Looking forward to seeing everybody there.

Todd

A&C Performance
951-696-0500

todd abrams

does anybody down from the riverside / san diego area want to caravan up to this even? If so please either email me or call me.

[email protected]
951-696-0500
951-816-9111

Todd

edogg

I'll be there, along with 3 other snakes. Question for anyone that can answer this. I have a friend with an F430 who's interested in coming along. Would there be a problem with him joining us??? THANKS!!!