Important notice to VOA members

Started by 1HOTACR, March 24, 2016, 09:38:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1HOTACR

"Hi everyone, we have some changes that I'd like to make everyone aware of.

As we all know, any volunteer position is tough, especially leadership roles. They aren't only positions requiring the burden of great responsibility, but the day-to-day can also be taxing. It's with sadness that I have to communicate that Brian Kennedy has requested to resign as President of the club. He's been a friend and good contributor to the group. Club leadership most certainly comes at an expense particularly to our personal lives, all of our regional/national roles require some serious sacrifices. In Brian's case – three kids, a wife, and a business that has recently sparked (for very good/positive reasons) some significant new demands on him – left him in a bad spot with time. I can attest to the volume of emails alone that cross our mailboxes on a daily level – it's not easy (and you often have to react quickly). It was a tough decision for him to make. His spirit and willingness to have taken on a demanding and public facing role was a reflection of his character. This was a tough email to write for both of us but wanted you to know immediately. I want to thank him for the work he's done.

As VP, I'm charged with assuming the role in the interim until we all decide on a solution. I will need your help and support, as I myself am challenged with an additional burden at a tough time and don't want the club to suffer (nor would I ever let it!). I do have a plan, some suggestions, and comfort – as there are several paths forward. With that said... I have convened a swift meeting with our board tonight (comprised of all regional presidents and national officers). We've met and agreed on the next steps and moved to put them in place. Among other peripheral actions, two decisions were made regarding the current open national office position:

·         The board has requested that I vacate the VP role and step in as President for the remainder of term. As much as I intended retiring after a very long history of club service, I have agreed to fulfill the term as National President. I was voted in this evening and am now the acting President for the national office.

·         It was also decided that we would then fill the VP role as the open position. It made more sense to use this role as the vacancy as it offers many more options for interested parties who could more quickly assume the responsibility.

We sensed that we'd likely move quickly on a plan, and to my dismay - we sure did! On a serious note, I am indeed pleased to be your new club president. I have a long history with this and other car clubs. I've owned a Viper for well over 20 years and I've been a member of the club almost since the initial one began. I've served in many supporting capacities, however my more significant leadership roles include Midwest Zone Director (6 years), IL region president (8 years), and I'm also the cofounder of the VOA (along with Maurice Liang). Those who know me understand the spirit that I have when it comes to club culture and quality. And while I will admit that I've now lost a longstanding bet with my IL Region alma mater (to whom I repeatedly denied that I never planned on pursuing the national presidency), I will say in my defense - technically I didn't "pursue" this... so the jury is still out! But I'm honored to answer the call when it was needed. I'll close my introduction by also stating that I enjoy levity when I work and that I value good relationships, it needs to be a part of everything we do. I've committed to this deeply (as I do with everything), with the blessing of my wife Kristina, I plan to contribute in the unique ways that I know how! I look forward to it.

I'll communicate next steps on filling the vacated VP role. If you're interested in pursuing the position of National Vice President, feel free to reach out to me. I'll be glad to discuss with you and would be happy to mentor someone on the national office.

If you have any questions, always feel free to ping me. But be kind, as there's probably going to be 2000 emails in my mailbox after this! I look forward to continuing the legacy of a Viper club that is: the largest, the most active, and the most privileged group on the planet. I'll see you out there!"

Alex Ristanovic
President
Viper Owners Association
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E