Charity Auto-X Palm Springs Saturday March 14, 2015

Started by 1HOTACR, January 21, 2015, 05:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay M

Despite the long wait times, I still had a great time.  Winning the trophy back somehow made me forget about the heat.

Thanks also to Anthony for organizing our part of the event, and lunch.  you guys who had to leave early missed out on a great lunch.

After seeing the times, I realize that I need to try harder.  Lance wasn't even wearing shoes and he still beat my time!

~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

viperCFP

Congrats SoCal!

And jeez, who threw down that blistering time in the #7 vette?  What gen car and what was it wearing?
Michael
Instagram: @viperCFP
'96 GTS (2nd caretaker)

Jay M

Quote from: krafters on March 20, 2015, 11:12:52 AM
Congrats SoCal!

And jeez, who threw down that blistering time in the #7 vette?  What gen car and what was it wearing?

I'm pretty sure it was a base model C6, but set up for the track.  He had a pretty serious looking racing seat and harness. 

What was most humbling was the Miata that ran 37.something.  I'd love to see what that guy could have done in one of our cars!

~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

PCH VIPER

Hey Jay,   I probably would have been faster if I wore shoes.   The pedals were so hot that they were burning my feet, so after 3 runs I quit.   

It was fun to play with our Corvette friends and help out the charities.   It would have been nice to have gotten rooms out there, but I guess it was all filled up before we could make any reservations.   :-[

Sorry I missed lunch.  It was getting late and I had to be home by 4:00 for other commitments.   It was a really long day for all of us.

I finally had time to download some pictures.  They are up on my site now   www.kouchicentral.com

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures