Buttonwillow with Viper Tracks. January 17 and 18 2015

Started by 1HOTACR, October 23, 2014, 01:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1HOTACR

Our good friend Dan Cragin is working on a track weekend at Buttonwillow Raceway
January 17 and 18,  2015

" Hey Guys,
It looks like this event is just about finalized for January. We will let everyone know. This will be great fun, we are all very excited. Here is an e-mail I sent out to my clients recently.

Hi Everyone,
SPT is helping plan a very special event for Viper owners next year and we need a commitment to move forward.
This two-day event will be the kickoff of what we hope to build into a series of events for Viper owners to learn car control and feel the exhilaration of driving their car in a safe environment on the track. We are targeting owners that have never been on the track but will have advanced sessions for experienced drivers as well.

Where: Buttonwillow Raceway
When: January 17th and 18th 2015
Hotel and Banquet: 4 Points Sheraton/ Bakersfield
http://www.fourpointsbakersfield.com
Cost for Event and Banquet: $395.00
This includes 2 days of track use and dinner banquet.
In order to make this happen, I need a commitment from you to help plan the event."

Please RSVP or call me 310-597-6295

Dan Cragin

1 John B.
2 Robert B.
3 Gary C.
4 Stevan D.
5 Rich E.
6 Peter H.
7 Scott H.
8 Brad H.
9 Ben K.
10 Lance K.
11 Al O.
12 Greg S.
13 Todd S.
14 John W.
15 Larry W.
16 Jay M
17 Brent K
18 Glenn I.
19 Randy B.
20 Lee W.
21 Rick H
22 Jeff A
23 John B
24 Tom L
25 Jay S
26 Patrick M
27 Keith A
28 Mike C
29 Andy H
30 Jose A
31 Anthony M
32 Austin M
33 Glen M
34 Richard S
35 Eddie R
36 Bruce C
37 Ante B
38 Loyde I
39 Tony M
40 Roxana M
41 Alan W
42 Mike F
43 Justin F
44 Jennifer F
45 Randy T
46 Gentulio B
47 Gavin G
48 Chuck G
49 Gerald W
50 James M
51 Ken A
52 Raj C
53 Eddie M
54 Jonathan M
55 Laurence G
56 Kurt K
57 Otto P
58 Garry W
59 Paul S
60 Andeas E
61 Michael S
62 Chris H
63 David A
64 Madeline A
65 Mike B
66 Mike M
67 Jim K
68 Denis V
69 Shannon A
70 Rich P
71 Vineet V
72 John B
73 John F
74 Eduard C
75 Elana S
76 Mike M
77 Josh J
78 Ryan B
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

Speedtactics

Here is all the sign up information and links, Don't wait to sign up! We need all hands (Or Snakes) on deck for this one to make it a great event!

Viper event that will be taking place at Buttonwillow Raceway on January 17-18, 2015. 

We are in the final stages of making this event become a reality.   Our deadline to secure all funding and finalize the contracts is November 30th.   In order to do this, we need to reach our minimum target of 55 Vipers to sign up and pay as soon as possible.   If we do not reach the minimum by November 30th, 2014, this event will be cancelled and your registration fee will be refunded in full.   If we reach our goal and sign the contracts to secure the event, there will be NO REFUNDS made.   This event will be rain or shine, hot or cold and guaranteed to ROCK !

Please take a moment to register/pay via PayPal BEFORE November 30th, 2014.   

Click here to pay for:   PayPal – Solo Driver/Car

Click here to pay  for:  PayPal - 2 Drivers in same car (Or guest)
(Includes dinner for second driver/guest)

Once you have paid please fill out the following  Registration form

For more information on the event, here is a link to the webpage:   http://www.westcoastracinginc.com/VT/

We have a room block at the 4 Points Sheraton in Bakersfield.  They have given us a special rate of $89.00/night
Please call and make your room reservations early before they sell out.  Call them at (661)325-9700 and tell them you are with the Viper Group.

Here are some of the highlights for the event:

VIPER TRACKS 2015
ButtonWillow Raceway
January 17-18, 2015
A Viper exclusive driving event
Viper specific driver education
Skip Thomas will return to teach safety driving classes as well as advanced driving classes
Four different run groups:  Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and Race
4 track sessions on each day
In car instructors for all beginner group drivers
Dinner banquet Saturday night

Viper Tracks 2015 is heavily sponsored by the following and without them we would not be able to have this event:

Dan Cragin -  Specialty Performance Team    661-588-2882   
Dan will be performing required Tech inspections for the Vipers and we recommend that you have him do it prior to attending Viper Tracks 2015.   This way any issues can be properly corrected before the event.  Dan is renowned as one of the best in the Nation when it comes to Viper Techs and we are lucky to have him here on the West coast.

Mike Bell -   Motor Village LA   877-849-0771 
Mike and his team at Motor Village LA have committed their efforts to support the Viper owners and help promote the brand.  If you are looking for a new Dodge/Chrysler product in the So Cal area, visit Motor Village and see what they can do for you.

Paul Normandin -  Normandin Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram  877-330-0391
Paul and his team have been long time supporters of the Vipers up in the Bay area.  It is great to have them recognize the significance of this event and help sponsor the event.  If you are looking for a new vehicle, they will likely have exactly what you are looking for.

Todd Gomez -  Bad Boyzz Garage  916-505-9026
Toddy has a long history with the Vipers and has developed a great line of performance upgrades which are proven for the track.   If you are looking to increase HP or performance, definitely call Toddy and see what he can do for you.

Thanks for being a part in this effort to put on Viper Tracks 2015 !!
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

Banzai Ben

2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

1HOTACR

This will be a great event so don't miss out. The entrance fee will go up drastically to $595 on December 31st. so don't wait.

I'm in and Paid
  8)

For more info on the Track   http://buttonwillowraceway.com
Glenn
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

Jay M

I have paid, for Jennifer and I.  If I can't get a loaner top for the Viper, can I use the SRT8 Jeep instead?

thanks,
~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

anthony

anthony and austin are in and booked..  my 20 year old in my viper.  what the hell is wrong with me??

HISSSN1

2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

1HOTACR

Hotel reservations are filling up quickly.  Don't wait much longer if you have signed up for the Track
Glenn
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

Specialty Performance Team

Viper Tracks - High Performance Driving Event Tech Inspection

Specialty Performance Team is offering a free pre-event Tech Inspection to all entrants of the Viper Track - HPDE event January 17-18 at Buttonwillow Raceway.

Every car will receive a 60 point vehicle inspection with report and signed Tech Sheet (upon approval).

I highly recommend everyone have their car inspected before the event. Track Day inspections will be $15 and those who do not pass, may lose a chance to get on the track.

Attached is a link to the West Coast Racing Tech Sheet

http://www.westcoastracinginc.com/Tech.pdf

Everyone will need a Fire Extinguisher / fastened in the cockpit. These are available through VOA vendors and SPT. Some will be available at the track.

Helmets must be worn and have a 2000 Snell rating or better

Lap Belts must be working properly/ 4-5 and 6 point belts are recommended but not required.

Tires must be in good condition/ no cracks / under 8 years old (6 is best) and no tire plugs. A good street sport alignment will assure good handling and tire wear. Check your tire pressures and torque the wheel lug nuts.

You want to make sure your fluid services are current, on Gen 2-3 cars without modified oil pans, it's critical that you keep the oil level just above the full mark. Consider an oil pan upgrade if you do not have one and never run slicks if you do not. Brake and clutch fluid should be clear, not brown. It can boil and you will lose your brakes or clutch. Two year change intervals are suggested.

Brake pads should be at 40% or better, rotors should not have light surface cracks that go to the edge. Brake lines should be properly routed and have no cuts in the rubber.  Stainless Steel brake lines are recommended for better pedal feel and safety.

Check for leaks, belts and hoses should be in good condition.

Make sure there are no loose items in the car or under the seats.

Convertibles will need either a hard top or roll bar. SPT will have a limited number of hard tops (Gen 1-2-3) and plug in roll hoops (Gen 3-4), I currently have a commitment for 3 Gen 1-2 Hard Tops, 1 Gen 3-4 hard top and 4 approved plug in roll hoops for Gen 3-4. I will have an exact count shortly (Please consider purchasing either of these options if you plan to track your car regularly. Think of it as insurance, it's not a problem until you need it!

We are looking forward to a fun and organized event. Feel free to call with any questions.

Dan Cragin

Specialty Performance Team

626-588-2882

PCH VIPER

Awesome Dan !!!!!!!!!
I will make an appointment and get my ACR up to you.

Thanks for doing this !!!!
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Banzai Ben

Got the word that the event is a GO! Thank you to everyone who signed up!
Nov 30th is the last day to register at the $395 rate, after that it will be $595.

Speedtactics

Speedtactics.com is offering special pricing for Viper Tracks attendees on Fire Extinguishers and Brackets. Use the following link to get the special prices. http://speedtactics.com/specialvipertracks.php
To be compliant with West Coast Racing every car must have a fire extinguisher. Don't miss out on the discounted prices!
Scott Hirko

1HOTACR

I'm planning to trailer over on Friday.  Anyone want to Caravan with me?
Glenn
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

Speedtactics

Should be a bunch of us going up then. Not sure if I'll have my trailer yet :-\
Scott Hirko

Banzai Ben

I'm in for the Friday caravan. Hopefully I will have my new trailer so Hirk can have his!  :)