Lowering Kit for Gen II

Started by Jason&Sarah, January 23, 2011, 06:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason&Sarah

Hey Guys and Gals,

Today at the stdio photo shoot, Scott mentioned a lowering kit for my '02 RT/10, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called or who makes it...can anyone help out?  Dan?? Scott??  He said it would help get rid of some of the gap between my tires and fenders.

Thanks! >v
Jason

'02 RT/10 Yellow

PCH VIPER

Hey Jason,
Thanks for coming out today and it was great meeting Sarah !

The lowering springs are Eibachs.   
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Jason,

Check with JonB at Partsrack for more info, availability and pricing.

I think Ken Alker has a set of these that he removed and may be willing to part with.

Also, FYI, if you plan to track the car or drive it aggressively at events like Auto X, lowering the car using this method may not be your best bet.  JonB would be your best resource for answering this question.

I've always used Motons (shock / spring sets) to lower my Vipers.

Tell JonB the club sent you!

Dan

Speedtactics

I don't know if you ever did this mod. I had them on my gts. They worked fine for the money. As Dan said not the best for track. If its just street your fine and it helps the gap problem.
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

kenalker

My 1996 GTS had Eibach "dual rate" springs and Konis on it that I removed when I installed the used Motons and non-dual-rate Eibachs that I purchased from Dan.  I like the Moton setup much better (although that was a bigger and more expensive mod than just springs; and my purpose was tracking).  If just for looks, I assume the Eibachs would be fine, however, you have to be concerned about your tire and wheel combination (and FUTURE tire/wheel combos) fitting.  I had a small scraping problem in the back with the dual rate Eibachs that I fixed using an air die grinder (see attached pictures).  I may be willing to part with the Eibachs, although I was thinking of hanging onto them in case I ever want to "restore" the Viper to how I purchased it if I sell due to an upgrade one day (although at this point, I may have gone too far for a "restore").

On the flip side, if anyone wants to buy my HRE wheels, check out the last picture!  Those I'm selling for sure (although, not cheap ;-)

SSSSE YA

On the flip side, if anyone wants to buy my HRE wheels, check out the last picture!  Those I'm selling for sure (although, not cheap ;-)
[/quote]

How much?
What is size?
Polished or chromed?

Specialty Performance Team

I have a set of "lowering caps" that will lower the car about a 1/2 inch will keeping the stock springs. Its a great trade off for those who do not want the stiff ride of an aftermarket spring rate.