Satisfy your Need for Speed at the Nevada Open Road Challenge

Started by Baxters, February 20, 2006, 05:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baxters

How does averaging 100+ MPH speeds for 90 miles on a Public Highway sound to you? How about the rush of a One Mile Drag Race or a 0-100MPH-0 Competition? These are where our Vipers really excel and they are all available at this year's Nevada Open Road Challenge.

When: Thursday, May 18 through Sunday, May 21
Where: Las Vegas and Ely, Nevada

Legally and safely compete in acceleration and timed rally type competitions along with a parade, car show, and Team Viper banquet, followed by an Awards banquet in Las Vegas.

This event requires advance preparation on your part to meet detailed safety requirements for your car and you (depending on your target speeds), an investment of your time (and entry fees) to sign-up, plus a desire to hang out with other Viper Owners that like to go fast while having a great time. If this interests you – read-on!

The first step is to explore the event's web site at http://silverstateclassic.com. Specifically read the Event Info, FAQs and the Course Map and Notes for the Highway 318 Event. This will give you a good overview and an outline of what is required from you to participate.

Still interested? The next more detailed steps are to determine your speed category, meet all the rules required, enter the event and make your Hotel reservations. Review the 2006 Rules (a printout is recommended) and submit the Entry Forms Information. Please note that SRT -10 Convertibles require an aftermarket roll bar to participate in this event (except for lower speed Touring Class).

Some Hotels may be already booked so make reservations soon. First timers would need 3 nights (Tue, Wed, and Sun) in Vegas and 3 nights (Thu, Fri, Sat) in Ely.

You can call or email either Greg Baxter or Dan Everts for assistance and answers to questions.

Greg Baxter    714 633-0993, [email protected]

Dan Everts    949 452-0322, [email protected]

If you will participate, email us when you enter so we can get a headcount for forming Team Viper for the 90 mile run and to plan on your attendance to a Saturday evening Viper Banquet.

Don't let those Vettes outnumber us 10-1. When we show up, we win!!!

sherrie

Registration Info

Welcome to the 19th year of Silver State Classic Challenge, Inc. Open Road Events.

NEW this year is the expansion of the Nevada Open Road Challenge & Silver State Classic Challenge events. The Silver State Speed-Stop/Z2Z Challenge presented by Baer Brakes and V-Box (see attached flyer & press release) will now take place on Friday's followed by the High Noon Shootout on Saturday's.  Included with your entry fee, we have added a Cocktail Party in Ely on Thursday night of each event and you will also be receiving two t-shirts with your entry.  You may select the size and style (ladies or men's) on the Entry Fee form.

The event dates of the 2006 season are:

NEVADA OPEN ROAD CHALLENGE – MAY 18th – 21st, 2006

Silver State Speed-Stop/Z2Z Challenge (Hwy. 490) – Friday, May 19th

High Noon Shootout (Hwy. 490) – Saturday, May 20th

NORC Challenge (Hwy. 318) – Sunday, May 21st

SILVER STATE CLASSIC CHALLENGE – SEPTEMBER 14th – 17th, 2006

Silver State Speed-Stop/Z2Z Challenge (Hwy. 490) – Friday, September 15th

High Noon Shootout (Hwy. 490) – Saturday, September 16th

SSCC Challenge (Hwy. 318) – Sunday, September 17th

The NEW RULE BOOK and ENTRY FORMS and available on our websites www.sscc.us or www.silverstateclassic.com. In our continuing effort to make the event as safe and fun as possible there have been changes to the rules.  All changes can be found on those pages (bottom right) that show a 2006 revision. It is your responsibility to know the rules. Please be sure you have read the current Rules and any changes that will impact you. The Nevada Department of Transportation requires each participant have current medical insurance.  You will be required to sign a statement when you register attesting that "I have current Medical Insurance." As in the past, all drivers and navigators must be a minimum of 18 years of age at the start of the event.  Drivers in the unlimited class must be a minimum of 21 years of age.

To register, please complete and mail the following forms: Driver Entry, Entry Fee Form, appropriate Medical forms for Driver & Navigator (if applicable), Qualifying School Form (mandatory for rookies).  To process your entry we require a current copy of your driver's license and payment of fees.  Please mail all required paperwork to SSCC, PMB 144, 3850 E. Flamingo Rd., Las Vegas, NV 89121.  If you should have trouble downloading the Rules or Entry Forms send an e-mail to registration, [email protected] or contact us at (702) 451-1513 and anything you need will be mailed to you.

These exciting Nevada open road events offer a class every 5 mph between 95 and 150 mph, plus the 160 mph, 170 mph, 180 mph, and the Unlimited for a total of 16 classes.  First, Second and Third place trophies are awarded to the Driver and Navigator in each class. A trophy will be awarded to the overall fastest driver and navigator, and one to the driver and navigator who is closest in time to their target speed.  A few special category trophies will also be given. 

Please be assured that everyone involved with SSCC will make every effort to make these Events the most memorable times of your life.  We look forward to seeing familiar friends in the year 2006 as well as meeting new ones. 

sherrie

Open Registration good until Saturday May 20th, 2006 at 12:00noon
Per/Steve Waldman-(702)451-1513/Please Call if in need of registration packet.

sherrie

Hotel Room Available

This is Art Irvin (aka Bad Byte). I wanted to let you guys know I have a
room reserved in the Hotel Nevada for the Silver State Classic this month. I
thought I'd let you know in case someone from the local club would like to
take the room. I think its room 404 or something like that. We did some
schmoozing last year with the desk clerks and they set us up with one of the
better rooms (at least I think it is).

Let me know asap, ok?

Art Irvin

Pop-A-Lock of Riverside County
Cell 951-500-7446