Nino and Ruth's BBQ Sat. Sept. 21

Started by Super Villain, April 16, 2013, 06:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad News

CHANGE OF PLANS FOR THE SAN DIEGO AREA BUNCH:
This group is NOT going as far as Rancho Cucamonga; we will meet at 10:30AM at the I-15 & Hwy 76 Park N Ride and will travel up I-15 only as far as the turnoff to Hemet.  Backroads past Hemet on thru Apple Valley and on to Nino's. 
Those who meet at Rancho Cucamonga will take a different route to Nino's.
P.Winters
'01 Red RT10

Speedtactics

What is the cruise route from the Chevron?
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

PCH VIPER

I blew it on this.  I wasn't paying attention and just learned that Chevron in Rancho Cucamonga was the start point from LAST year.    :o

This takes the San Diego guys way out of their way just to meet up with us, so they are going a more direct route and bypassing us.   My fault and I'm sorry about that SD guys.

We have a couple of options and it will be dependent on how many cars there are at the Rancho Cucamonga meet point.

If the Chevron caravan is not too big, then running up Hwy 18 and down 330 is a beautiful mountain drive.  Downside is that it will take 90 minutes to do.

The alternative would be to take the 10 across to Beaumont and cruise through Cherry Valley and try to meet up with the SD guys at Oak Glen  This will cut the drive down to about 1 hour.

Pam, what time are you planning to be at Oak Glen?
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Fast-Lane

I will meet up with the San Diego group at the Park N Ride (I-15 and 76Hwy) and take the Hemet / Apple Valley route. Great backroads to run.
Ray - 1995 - Black with Silver Stripes

Green Mamba

Sorry for the late notice Nino and Ruth, but I will be there.looking forward to it.

Bad News

Google maps says it's about 1 1/2 hour from our Park N Ride to Oak Glen, so we will meet the group coming with Lance about noon in Oak Glen.  We can then all stretch our legs, get something to drink then gather the all Vipers and the group arrive at Nino & Ruth's about 1PM.
REMEMBER that Nino & Ruth have cooked up a storm for days, so don't go filling up on food at Oak Glen!  Food will be waiting for our 1PM arrival.  Pam
'01 Red RT10

yeloone

:)  Hey, finally got back on line.  Just confirming our phone call to Nino.  Mary and I will be there!

Will meet the San Diego group at the Chevron of the 15.

RandyT

Hey Lance,
Are there a meeting point from OC to head out or no?
RT
RandyT

PCH VIPER

Not really Randy....I'm leaving HB at 9:30

PCH VIPER

THANK YOU Nino and Ruth for another great BBQ !
It was a great turnout with perfect weather.  It is always so nice to be able to sit and visit with everyone.

I have pictures up on my website  www.kouchicentral.com

Here are just a few:

Speedtactics

Nino and Ruth, Thanks again for a great time and great food. Here are some more photos.
see the rest and download here: http://www.hirkophoto.com/p686694117#h79137ca3

Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics