Main Menu

Looking for some OEM 6 Spokes

Started by HyperViper, April 29, 2012, 08:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HyperViper

Looking to buy some 6 spokes that I can powder coat black. Anyone got a set they want to sell?
Ron & Nora ..San Diego...08 Vert..Black w/ White Stripes

10 BANGR

Ron,
There's a set of five spokes for sale on the classifieds VCA site. 3K OBO.
You have the H spokes now right.
http://classifieds.viperclub.org/showproduct.php?product=5706&title=gen4-5-spokes26amp-3b-ps2s-with-tpms&cat=7
Demoe
Demoe - 2006 SRT10 VERT BLACK / GRAPHITE METALLIC STRIPES

HyperViper

Hey Demoe

Really want the 6 spoke but thanks for that link.

You are correct, have the H spokes now.

Thanks

Ron

ViperX

Ron,

I got a smokin' deal on six spokes from Jon at Parts Rack a while back.  He's worth checking with.

He may even still have some blems and as you are powder coating them, save a few more bucks.

I prefer 6 spokes to 5 too.

Dan  <2

HyperViper

Dan,

I sent Jon an email. BTW....what is a smokin deal?  >m

Thanks

Ron

Speedtactics

Good luck prices on those took off over the last year. Expect that they are $2600 at parts rack
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

ViperX

Quote from: speedtactics on May 01, 2012, 07:14:59 PM
Good luck prices on those took off over the last year. Expect that they are $2600 at parts rack

$2600 on a new set of OE wheels for Gen III or IV Viper IS a smokin' deal.

Dan

HyperViper

Scott you were right on the price

Thanks Dan

HyperViper

Got them from Viper Parts of America. They had them powder coated for me too. Came out Great!

10 BANGR

HyperViper

Uh huh. Black Got some new super sports mounted up but haven't driven anywhere yet

ViperX

Quote from: HyperViper on June 19, 2012, 06:09:23 PM
Got them from Viper Parts of America. They had them powder coated for me too. Came out Great!

The folks running VPA are very good people to deal with.

Glad they came out great.

The six spokes are a great choice, lighter and IMHO more stylish than the five spoke wheels.

Sooo, Ron, when are we going to get you out to the track with us now that you have a set of black "track" wheels?

Dan

HyperViper

Dan, after seeing video of David Ps crash at Road America, I think I better wait till I get an ACR with a cage. I know, a whole different level but still a reality check that bad things can happen driving at speed.

ViperX

Quote from: HyperViper on June 21, 2012, 06:20:50 PM
Dan, after seeing video of David Ps crash at Road America, I think I better wait till I get an ACR with a cage. I know, a whole different level but still a reality check that bad things can happen driving at speed.

Agree, bad things can happen at speed, anywhere at speed, including on the street.

David P's accident could have been avoided with basic common sense driving techniques that I'm sure he knows and are taught by driving instructors everywhere at every driving school and during most beginner instructions at most track events.  It appears that he got "caught up" in the heat of the moment while racing and made a bad decision.

A driver should never leave the track, completely (4 wheels off) or partially (1, 2 or 3 wheels off), keep the throttle down and try to return to the track.  The traction differential between dirt or grass and asphalt is just too great to be predictable and almost always puts the car into an unrecoverable spin.  If walls or trees, etc. are nearby, things get worse.  Often times we see Pro racers do this and they sometimes get away with it but mostly, they spin or crash too.

I had a guy do this in front of me at Willow Springs a few weeks back.  He didn't crash but did go for a ride in the dirt on the left side of the track, tried to get back onto the track with the throttle down, tires spinning, and ran  across the track in front of me into the infield dirt.  This was in the red "race" group with "experienced" drivers.

I anticipated this dummy's actions due to watching his driving during previous sessions and managed to avoid him.

Hope to see you at the track someday,

Dan  <2

10 BANGR

Hey Ron,
How about some pics with the new wheels.