(OLD)2nd Saturday of the Month Viper Owners Get Together - Malibu

Started by admin, February 05, 2007, 05:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Yes, I would put my money on the mini's too, at least in an autocross.

Maybe we could do autocross in the morning and a drag event in the afternoon?  We might do better at the drags!

Or perhaps autocross at Willowsprings in the morning and do the big track in the afternoon?

Lots of possibilities.

Dan 8)

Vypr Phil

Maybe we could give the SoCal Mini Maniacs a new name: SoCal Miniacs!  ;D

Talk about hybrid...... 8)

I agree, I would put my money on the "Miniacs" for the Autocross, as these little marvels have a phenomenal maneuverability, not to mention that they are more tossable than a Cesar Salad.   ;D 8) ;D

My first car, back in Europe, was the original (Austin) Mini Cooper S.   :)

Simply amazing what you could do with 10" (diameter, not width as in the front Viper rims) wheels back in those days.  37 years later I still have fond memories of this "great little car".   ::)
Vypr Phil    2005 SRT-10 Roadster - Sold

"If you are not living on the edge...you are taking up too much space"

hemotox

So for this month coming up, March, maybe it is better that the 2nd Saturday of the month Viper get together in Malibu occurs on the 1st Saturday of the month at Coogie's in Malibu.  You will be in the company of about 40+ Mini Coopers, most of them S models with all kinds of mods.

Maybe we should see if someone can mobilize the Baxters to come to this event.  Would be nice to see Melanie and Greg, nes't pas?   <1

EJ

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

PCH VIPER

Hey Hemotox,
Sorry...but if we are taking votes, I vote for the 2nd Sat as always.  I know it conflicts with the HRE tour, but the March 3 conflicts with the Willow Springs event which a lot of guys are attending as well.  It would be cool to see all the Mini's and Viper's together,  breakfast at Coogies would then become difficult.

Just my .02

I'll show up no matter which weekend it's on....but we need to set which weekend it is soon so I can get to work rallying up some of the other Vipers.

Lance
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

hemotox

good argument Lance, we'll keep it the same, 2nd Saturday of the Month!  Breakfast would be difficult for sure.

ViperX

Eric,

Either way, perhaps you could speak with some of the mini guys and see if they're open to doing some stuff together.  I have a feeling some of them would love to show their stuff and beat up on some Vipers in an autocross.  In my opinion, it would be fun for all, win or lose.

Dan 8)

PCH VIPER

For those not attending the HRE Factory Tour....please come out and join us at Coogies in Malibu for breakfast and a cruise through the hills.   Meet at 8:30  Breakfast at 9:00 followed by a Joel Larson special tour !!

For those in the OC area that want to go.  I'll be at Spaghettini's right off the 405 and Seal Beach Blvd at 7:15.  Leaving at 7:30.

Lance

NK BREKR

Yo Lance,

I'll be there, can't wait for the delicious breakfast and awesome cruise.  It would be great to see a good showing.

PCH VIPER

Hey Hemotox...
It was great seeing you out in the snake again !

Just a thought.   For April....I'm wondering if more people would come out if it were on a Sunday ??  (only downside to April is the Long Beach Grand Prix is on that weekend)

I know there are quite a few guys/gals that have work or kid related activities on Saturdays. So Sunday may work out better.......

Lance

NK BREKR

I'm all for a Sunday trial run.  Great suggestion Lance!  It was great catching up with you, Eddie and Mike.  Big thanks to Armen for leading us on the cruise.

ViperVenom

SO......  Are people meeting Sat. 4/14/07   or Sun 4/15/07????

PCH VIPER

Hey ViperVenom.
We are meeting this month on SUNDAY the 15th.

It looks like there will be quite a few of us out on Sunday.   Hope you can make it too.

Lance

ViperX

Viper Venon,

We are set for breakfast this Sunday April 15 (not Saturday).

Not sure where you are located.  A group of us coming from OC are meeting at a restaurant called Spaghettinis near the 405 / Seal Beach off ramp area at about 7:15 AM, leaving for Malibu at 7:30 AM.  It should take us about an hour to get to Coogies (breakfast) from there.  This is my first trip to Coogies, so I'm followin' Lance.

Let's hope for good weather.

Dan 8)

Radical Guy

I was planning on coming out tomorrow, but now it's on Sunday.  >:( I'll be at the Long Beach Grand Prix!  Well, have fun.  Hopefully, I can make it out next month.
2004 SRT-10

hemotox