(OLD)2nd Saturday of the Month Viper Owners Get Together - Malibu

Started by admin, February 05, 2007, 05:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

2nd Saturday of the Month Viper Get Together - - FOR WHEN THERE IS NO OTHER SCHEDULED EVENT  An informal monthly get together for Viper owners.

West LA - Malibu, San Fernando Valley, Calabasas, Ventura and any other area a Viper owner would enjoy a drive to Malibu; meet at Coogies Beach Cafe in the Malibu Shopping Center on PCH, 8:00am-8:30am, breakfast at 9:00am.  Click for here map to Coogies.

After which - weather permitting - a run through the local mountains. And as one of our SoCal members puts it: "Of all the Breakfast meetings...this is the one you should not miss.  Good breakfast at Coogies followed by one of the best driving roads in SoCal."

Looking forward to a great turnout!

PCH VIPER

I know the weather forecast doesn't look great for Sat.... but I was wondering if anyone was planning on showing up??
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Vypr Phil

As long as it does not "Pour Buckets", I plan on being there.

However, if it rains even lightly, I would pass on doing the Mullholland Drive Cruise.

All interested should consult on this forum Friday afternoon as long-term forecast is often inaccurate.
Vypr Phil    2005 SRT-10 Roadster - Sold

"If you are not living on the edge...you are taking up too much space"

No Rice

ViperX

Weather still uncertain.  I'd really like to take a run in the black beast but may not want to go that far with a vented hood and rain in the forecast. 8)

We'll see.....

OriginalRoot

It's all about the Weather ! :-\ I'am anxious to Just Get Out, I've been working  long hours all week ,Hope to see you all tomorrow... .. . joel    www.joel-larson.com

Vypr Phil

Joel, it was great to meet you finally!  Look forward to a cruise with you next time in Malibu.

Lance, it was a pleasure to meet your wife Laurie and your daughter Haley; too bad you could not take out the Viper for a ride today, but it is safe to say that you drove your Viper plenty last week-end during "Viper Days"!

Also, many thanks Lance for treating our small group to breakfast.

Once again, we were a small Viper crowd in Malibu, only three members, but we sure had a good time!

The weather was quite nice; I even put the top down on my way back as the sun came out after all.

Hope to see many more of you next month!

Phil

No Rice

I would have made it, but had a client call up late last night to make an appt. this morning. Phil was that you I saw in Porter Ranch today in the silver Viper?

Vypr Phil

Hi James!

No, wasn't me.

Took some time early today to meet with my "Viper Friends" in Malibu, and then went back to my office for longer than planned (a classic case of too much work and not enough fun; oh well...)

Did you sell your car?

If so, will you buy another Viper?

hemotox

I don't know where all the information has gone to with the original post back in October 06, but I have included a map below for Coogie's Restaurant in the Malibu Shopping Center,  Webb Way and PCH, across from the Malibu Fairgrounds area, beach side of PCH.  We usually meet at about 8:00 AM and breakfast at 9:00.  See you there, plenty of open parking and generally great weather.

(Click on the file name under the image to enlarge)

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

Vypr Phil

Hemotox,

The information and the thread previously started by you can still be found under "previous events" on the main forum page.

Suggestion:  there does not seem to be a lot of activity (at least not on the site here) on and about the first Saturday at Chino Airport.

Since the second Saturday conflicts with the HRE Wheels tour, could we consider "rescheduling" the Malibu breakfast to the first Saturday of the month?

admin

Hey guys,

The map to Coogies is in the first post of this thread - I changed it to "bright blue" so it's easier to find... ;)

Also, if meeting on March 1st this month works for you guys, go for it!

hemotox

March 1st will have the Southern California Mini Maniacs at Coogie's also, so it will be a little tight on that day as they have about 40+ cars show up routinely.  Some hot Minis, would make for a great shot, snakes and minis?

EJ

ViperX

Snakes and Minis, why not? 

It would be fun to begin working with and doing some events - autocross comes to mind - with other car clubs. 

I think the Minis would be very competitive with our Vipers in an autocross event.  Kinda like David and Goliath - and we know how that turned out!

I'll be at Willow Springs that weekend running with the Pantera / Ferrari Club on the big track, so I'll miss this one.

Dan 8)

hemotox

I'll put my money on the Mini Drivers.  I have a JCW Cooper Works with the top and bottom tower strut braces, and these guys and their Minis are pretty competitive and can go around a turn MACH 1.  Try 100 MPH + on some of the roads in the Santa Monica Mts.  But it would be a fun event.  Mini Maniacs, tend to be a broader spectrum of car enthusiast, including all physical types, as you can get a tricked out Mini for 40K.  They do ROCK, and the club has about 500 members, some great runs have been enjoyed with the So Cal Mini Maniacs.

Check out this web site.

http://www.clubscmm.com/board/

EJ